A compilation of all the important topics and events of the week is given here. Update your Current Affairs Weekly with our India This week.
• CBI arrested Suresh Kalmadi the chief organizer of Delhi’s corruption-tainted Commonwealth Games.
• The CBI named Kanimozhi, DMK supremo M Karunanidhi’s 43-yearold daughter in its second chargesheet filed on the 2G spectrum scam.
• SEBI sought more time from the Supreme Court to give its views on the report of a high-powered committee that probed the IPO scam.
• National Association of Software and Services Companies (NASSCOM) appointed Rajendra S. Pawar as the new chairman of its Executive Council.
• The Empowered Committee headed by cabinet secretary KM Chandrashekhar approved the urban development ministry's proposal to introduce a common mobility card
• Bihar became the first Indian state to set up agriculture cabinet.
• Indian Government Decided to Invite the IAEA Team.
• Reserve Bank of India (RBI) asked banks assess Basel-II preparedness to shift to the new approach.
• Oil and Natural Gas Corporation (ONGC) announced two new oil and gas discoveries in Gujarat in block CB-ONN-2004/2.
• Tribals given rights to harvest bamboo as a forest produce.
• A study Conducted by University of Calcutta estimated that Sunderbans Absorb more than Four Crore Tones of CO2 to Check Global Warming.
• The Union Cabinet cleared an ordinance to extend the term of the Board of Governors of the Medical Council of India (MCI) by one year.
• A conference of India's real estate leaders emphasised the need for laser-like focus on business transparency.
• Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs (CCEA) approved a Rs.7,000-crore project to clean the Ganga.
• Indian mathematician and theoretical computer scientist Ravi Kannan awarded the 2011 Knuth Prize.
• Intensified Malaria Control Programme for North-Eastern States Approved by the Union Cabinet of India.
• 7000 crore rupees NGRBA (National Ganga River Basin Authority) project was approved by the Union Cabinet of India.
• Director K. Balachander declared the winner of Dadasaheb Phalke Award for the year 2010 by the Information and Broadcasting Ministry
• Conference of Parties to the Stockholm Convention in Geneva approved the recommendation for elimination of production and use of endosulfan.
• Supreme Court stayed all further proceedings of the three-member committee probing corruption charges against Chief Justice of the Sikkim High Court P.D. Dinakaran.
• Public Accounts Committee (PAC) Chairman Murli Manohar Joshi submitted draft report on 2G scam to Lok Sabha Speaker Meira Kumar.
• A Pawan Hans helicopter chartered by Arunachal Pradesh Chief Minister Dorjee Khandu went missing.
• The Prime Minister's Trade and Economic Relations Committee (TERC) approved of the launch of free trade agreement (FTA) negotiations with Australia.
• S.C. Chetal took over as Director of the Indira Gandhi Centre for Atomic Research (IGCAR) at Kalpakkam
• Board of Directors of Infosys Ltd met on 30 April 2011 decided to appoint K.V. Kamath as Chairman of Infosys
• Murli Manohar Joshi was reappointed as chairman of the PAC for another year.
Preparing Current Affairs for Competitive Exams now made easy by our Jagran Josh Current Affairs Section. .