This week, 30 July-5 August 2012, saw various important, news such as, North India plunges into darkness following grid failure; Train and Metro services affected, South-west Monsoon rains in the country to be deficient this year due to El Nino effect, says Meteorological Department in its update. India this week helps to understand the happenings in and around the country, for a better understanding of current affairs happening in India for the week refer to this category in Jagran Josh.
30 July 2012
• North India plunges into darkness following grid failure; Train and Metro services affected
• At least seven passengers killed in a fire in Chennai bound Tamil Nadu Express near Nellore
31 July 2012
• Jharkhand High Court issues order for day- today trial of 12 pending cases of Fodder Scam.
• Reserve Bank of India terms persistence of inflation and slow growth as major challenges for monetary policy
1 August 2012
• Power supply fully restored in Delhi and north east; 82 per cent restored in north and 65 per cent in eastern region following outages since last afternoon.
2 August 2012
• High alert sounded in Delhi, Mumbai and Kolkata following bomb blasts in Pune; Union Home Secretary says the terror angle cannot be ruled out in yesterday's blasts
3 August 2012
• South-west Monsoon rains in the country to be deficient this year due to El Nino effect, says Meteorological Department in its update
• Regional Rural Banks allowed to open branches in Tier 2 cities without RBI's permission
4 August 2012
• Bimal Gurung Appointed as Chief Executive Officer of GTA
5 August 2012
• EGoM to meet again to decide further relief measures for drought -hit states
• High health alert sounded in Assam to avert epidemics in relief camps in violence-hit districts
Preparing Current Affairs for Competitive Exams now made easy by our Jagran Josh Current Affairs Section. .