A compilation of all the important topics and events of the week is given here. Update your Current Affairs Weekly with our India This week.
• Six-day joint exercise of the Indian Army and the Air Force, Vijayee Bhava began.
• Five-time World champion M C Mary Kom (48kg) defeated Asian champion Kim Myong Sim of North Korea 4-3 in the final of the Asian Cup Women's Boxing tournament.
• Supreme Court of India Stayed Allahabad High Court Judgement on Ayodhya Issue.
• Supreme Court ruled that honour killings should be treated as rarest of rare cases.
• The AHF-MHC Hockey Academy was inaugurated by Sultan Azlan Shah, President, Asian Hockey Federation.
• Human rights activist Binayak Sen was appointed member of the Planning Commission's 40 member Steering Committee on Health
• Two senior Indian-American journalists- Suman Guha Mozumdar and Prakash M Swamy were among seven media personalities honoured in the New Jersey General Assembly by Speaker Sheila Y Oliver.
• Indian Union Ministry of Finance declared that food served in hotel rooms from air-conditioned restaurants holding liquor licences will not attract service tax.
• India’s competition regulator announced the regulations for mergers and acquisitions and diluted several of its earlier proposals to address industry concerns.
• Indian government partially opened limited liability partnerships (LLP) to foreign investments on thereby ending wrangling over the extent of foreign ownership in this new form of business structure.
• Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs (CCEA) cleared GMR Airports Holding Ltd's proposal to raise further foreign direct investment of $200 million.
• Karnataka became the first Indian state to launch an e-payment system for commercial tax payers.
• Karnataka Launched e-payment System for Commercial Tax Payers and became the first Indian state to do so.
• Supreme Court Scrapped 100% quota for army kids in ACMS (Army College of Medical Sciences).
• A list of 50 most wanted fugitives was released by India on 12 May 2011 hiding in Pakistan.
• Trinamool Congress and Congress alliance won an overwhelming victory (225 seats) in West Bengal against the Left that has been ruling in Bengal for the last 34 years.
• Delhi-based NGO Convicted by Supreme Court for Misusing PIL.
• State-owned oil companies increased petrol prices by Rs 5 per litre-the steepest so far.
• Gujarat High Court has ordered the release of 494 birds held captive in cages.
Preparing Current Affairs for Competitive Exams now made easy by our Jagran Josh Current Affairs Section. .