Indian Air Force invited applications from Unmarried Outstanding Sportsmen ( only Male Indian citizens ) for selection as Airmen in Group ‘Y’ trades. The candidates eligible for the post can apply through prescribed format before 6 May 2013.
Last date for receipt of application: 6 May 2013
Name of the Post: Airmen (Group ‘Y' Trades)
IAF Sports Discipline: Athletics, Aquatics, Archery, Basketball, Boxing, Best Physique Cricket, Cycling, Cross Country, Cycle Polo, Football, Gymnastics, Hockey, Handball, Kabaddi, Lawn Tennis, Shooting, Squash Racket, Volleyball, Weight Lifting, Wrestling and Golf
Born between 28 January 1990 and 28 June 1994 (both dates inclusive)
Minimum Intermediate / 10+2 passed with Science, Arts or Commerce subject or equivalent vocational courses. Vocational courses conducted by CBSE and Kerala Board recognized by Association of Indian University (AIU) only are eligible.
- Individual should have represented the country in Junior International meets in any of the above mentioned sports discipline.
- Individual should have attained the standard of fifth place in the Junior National Championship or Inter University Championship in above mentioned sports discipline.
- In team events, the individual should have represented State in Junior National Championship and National School Tournaments conducted by School Games Federations of India (SGFI) in above mentioned sports discipline.
- Preference will be given to medal winners in all the above three categories.
Medical Standards for Sportsmen Jobs
- Height: Minimum acceptable height: 152.5 cm.
- Chest: Minimum range of expansion: 5 cm.
- Weight: Proportionate to height and age.
- Vision: Minimum visual standard: Unaided 6/36, corrected to at least 6/9 for each eye with spectacles, Dioptectric power not exceeding ±3.5 Dioptres In any axis. Full field of vision and Defective safe colour vision CP-II/III. (Candidates should bring latest prescription and spectacles for corrected vision, if used).
- Corneal Surgery: (PRK / LASIK) is not acceptable.
- Hearing: Candidates should have normal hearing i.e., able to hear forced whisper from a distance of 6 meters with each ear separately.
- Dental: Should have healthy gums, good set of teeth and minimum. 14 dental points.
- Health: Candidates should be free from Medical or Surgical deformity. He should be free from all communicable diseases and skin ailments. Candidates must be physically and mentally fit to perform duty in any part of the world, in any climate and terrain.
Enrolment is for an initial period of 20 years extendable up to the age of 57 years.
During training, a stipend of Rs 5,700 per month will be paid. On completion of training, starting gross emoluments at the minimum of scale of pay will be Rs 12,000 per month (approximately) which, in subsequent year, may rise upto Rs 24,500 per month (approximately) as per sixth pay commission depending upon the rank attained.
Candidates will be selected on the basis of following selection procedure.
a. Selection Trials and Written Test
b. Physical Fitness Test (PFT)
d. Medical Examination
How to Apply
- Application should be in A4 size paper only. Non-standard application formats will be rejected.
- Attested photocopies matriculation certificate and certificate of sports achievements must be sent with the application form.
- Three copies of unattested recent (not order than three months) passport size Colour Photograph (front portrait without cap), One of which is to be pasted on the application form and the other two are to be stapled to the top left corner of the application form.
- One unstamped self addressed 24 cm Ã— 10 cm White Envelope of good quality, stapled with the application form send to following address:
AIR FORCE SPORTS CONTROL BOARD
C/O 412 AIR FORCE STATION,
RACE COURSE, NEW DELHI – 110003