Applications are invited from Engineering Graduates Indian citizens for Short Service Commission (SSC) (Technical) course in the Indian Army. The course will commence from October 2012.
- 39th Short Service Commission (Technical) Men Course: 50 vacancies
- 10th Short Service Commission (Technical) Women Course: 34 vacancies
- Widows of Defence Personnel: 2 vacancies
- Opening date for online application: 1 February 2012
- Last date for online application: 1 March 2012
- Last date for sending receipt of application: 10 March 2012
- Course commencing from: October 2012
Eligibility Criteria: The criteria for applying in Indian Army are as follows:
- Educational Qualification: Candidates studying in the final year of Engineering Degree and who are qualified graduates of the degree course in Engineering will be eligible to apply. The qualified graduates of the Degree course must possess Engineering degree at the time of joining training. Candidates in the final year degree course should be able to produce the Engineering degree within 12 weeks from the date of commencement of training at OTA.
- Age Limit: Minimum 20 years, maximum 27 years
- Physical Standard: Minimum Height 157.5 cm and correlated weight (women candidate 152 cm and 42 kg), better eye 6/6 and worst eye 6/18.
Selection Procedure: The selection procedure is as follows.
- Initial screening/ Short listing of applications based on qualifications of the candidates. Shortlisted candidates will be called for Service Selection Board (SSB) interview at Bhopal (MP), Bangalore (Karnataka), or Allahabad (UP).
- Psychological Test
- Group Test
- Final Selection as per the order of merit
Stipend: The candidates will be paid a stipend of Rs 21, 000 per month (Rs 15, 600 as pay in Pay Band plus Grade Pay of Rs 5, 400) as is admissible to NDA cadets on completion of 3 years training.
How to Apply: The eligible candidates have to apply online through http://www.joinindianarmy.nic.in/ and click on the online application on the website. After submission of online application candidates are required to take two print outs of the application and roll number generated by the system. Send one copy of the print out application form duly signed and affix a recent passport size photograph duly attested by a gazetted officer, along with attested copies of required essentials and enclosures to Additional Directorate General of Recruiting (Rtg-6), TGC Section, West Block-III, R K Puram, New Delhi-110066. The envelope should be super scribed in BOLD as ‘Online Application for 39th SSC (Tech) Men/ 10th SSC (Tech) Women and the Roll No.....'
Note: Another copy of the print out application form can be kept for future reference (SSB Interview).
For more information, please CLICK HERE