Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur (IIT-K) invited applications for recruitment to the posts of Assistant Professors, Associate Professors and Professors with various Departments. Interested and eligible candidates can apply to the post through the prescribed format on or before 15 January 2015.
Last date of Application: 15 January 2015
Name of the Post:
- Assistant Professors
- Associate Professors
- Assistant Professors- PB-3 Rs. 15600-Rs. 39100+Grade Pay Rs. 8000/-
- Associate Professors- PB-4 Rs. 37400-Rs. 67000+Grade Pay Rs. 9500/-
- Professors- PB-4 Rs. 37400-Rs. 67000+Grade Pay Rs. 10500/-
- Assistant Professor (on Contact Basis)- PB-3 Rs. 15600-Rs. 39100+Grade Pay Rs. 7000/-
Eligibility Criteria: Ph.D. with first class or equivalent (in terms of grades, etc.) at the preceding degree in the appropriate branch, with a very good academic record throughout.
- Assistant Professors- For a fresh Ph.D. the position will be on contract basis for first three years, after the completion of which, it can be regularized. For those with three or more years of teaching/research/industrial experience, regular appointment can be made.
- Associate Professors- 6 years teaching/research/industrial experience of which at least three years should be at the level of Assistant Professor or equivalent.
- Professors- 10 years teaching/research/industrial experience of which at least 4 years should be at the level of Associate Professor
- Department of Aerospace Engineering,
- Department of Biological Sciences & Bioengineering,
- Department of Chemical Engineering,
- Department of Civil Engineering,
- Department of Computer Science and Engineering,
- Department of Earth Sciences,
- Department of Electrical Engineering,
- Department of Humanities and Social Sciences,
- Department of Industrial and Management Engineering,
- Department of Materials Science and Engineering, k. Department of Mechanical Engineering,
- Department of Chemistry,
- Department of Mathematics and Statistics
- Department of Physics
Selection Procedure: Selection will be done on the basis of candidate’s performance in the interview.
Only shortlisted candidates would be called for the interview.
Candidates appearing for the interview would be paid first class/ second A/C railway fare as per rules.
How to apply: Eligible candidates can send the application along with other necessary document to: The Head of the concerned Department or to The Dean of Faculty Affairs, IIT Kanpur, Kalyanpur, Kanpur-208016 so as reach on or before 15 January 2015.