Applications are invited from unmarried male candidates fulfilling the conditions regarding nationality as laid down by the Govt. of India, for Permanent Commission (PC) in the Musician specialisation under Executive Branch of the Indian Navy for Course commencing July 2014 at Indian Naval Academy (INA) Ezhimala, Kerala. The Indian Navy is a well balanced and cohesive three dimensional force, capable of operating above, on and under surface of the oceans efficiently safeguarding our national interests.
- Last Date of Submission of Applications : 31 December 2013
Details of Course
- Name of the Course: “Permanent Commission (PC)”
- Course Specialisation: Musician
The candidates must possess a Bachelor’s Degree from a recognised university and should have fluency in spoken and written English.
The candidate should be in possession of Grade-5 certificate or above for Piano, from any of the recognised board such as Trinity College of London, associated board of Royal School of Music or London College of Music or Bangalore Conservatory of Music.
The candidate must have the ability to play a Brass instrument such as Trumpet/ Cornet, Horn, Euphonium, Baritone or a woodwind instrument such as Western Fluet, Clarinet, Oboe or any Bow string instrument such as Violin Viola Cello. A fundamental knowledge of the Piano forte is mandatory for all candidates. The candidate must possess one of the following diplomas/ equivalents - (a) LRAM (b) ARCM (c) ATCL.
Candidates submitting proof of experience in teaching music at a registered Music Academy/ Institution will be preferred.
- Height and Weight : Minimum height 157 cms with correlated weight.
- Eye Sight : 6/60, 6/60 correctable to 6/6,6/12 with glass. Candidate should not be colour/ night blind.
- The age of candidate should 21 to 25 years (i.e. born between 02 July 1993 and 01 July 1989, both dates inclusive).
How to Apply
- Candidates who meet the above eligibility criteria, must apply in the format prescribed.
- Applications may also be downloaded from the Indian Navy’s website www.nausena-bharti.nic.in
- The candidate must attach attested photo copies of Matriculation Certificate, Graduation Degree, Diploma in Music (LRAM, ARCM, ATCL) Certificates, Experience Ccertificate and any other qualification certificates along with the respective mark sheets.
- Copy of class Tenth Certificate for Date of Birth verification.
- Photograph pasted on the application must be self attested.
- Applications which are not exactly as per the prescribed format shall be summarily rejected.
- The form must be completed in all respects and forwarded so as to reach at the address - Directorate of Music, INS Kunjali, Near US Club Director at South Colaba, Mumbai – 400 005 by 31 December 2013.
- The envelope in which the application is despatched must be superscribed, “PC - Musician Batch - Jul 14”.
- Integrated Headquarters of Ministry of Defence (Navy) will not be responsible for loss of enclosures, if sent loose.
- Application must be sent by Normal Post.
- Speed Post, Courier and Registered Post will not be accepted.
- Short listed candidates will be called for Preliminary interview at New Delhi. No rail fare or allowance will be admissible to candidates attending Preliminary interview at New Delhi.
- Candidates qualifying the Preliminary interview will be detailed for Service Selection Board (SSB) interview at Bangalore/ Bhopal/ Coimbatore followed bymedical examination at nearest Service Hospital.
- SSB interview will be scheduled between January to March 2014.
- SSB interview will be conducted in two Stages.
(i) Stage I test consisting of Intelligence Test, Picture Perception and Discussion Test will be conducted on the second dayof arrival at SSB.
(ii) Stage II tests comprising of Psychological Testing, Group Testing and Interview.
(iii) Successful candidates will thereafter undergo Medical Examination.
- Candidates recommended by the SSB and declared medically fit will be appointed for training as per all India Merit depending on the number of vacancies.
- No compensation will be paid in respect of any injury sustained as a result of tests.
- AC 3 tier rail fare is admissible for the SSB interview, if appearing for the first time for type of commission.