Applications are invited from UNMARRIED male candidates for Permanent Commission (PSC) in the 10+2 (Technical) Cadet (B Tech) Entry Scheme Course Commencing - June 2012. The selected candidates will join the prestigious Naval Academy, Ezhimala, Kerala for June 2012 Course.
- Opening date for filling online application: 2 November 2011
- Last date for filling online application: 26 November 2011
- Last date for sending print out of online application: 6 December 2011
- Course commencing from: June 2012
- SSB Interview: February to May 2012
Eligibility Criteria: The criteria for applying for Permanent Commission in Indian Navy are as follows:
Educational Qualification: Senior Secondary Examination (10+2 Pattern) or its equivalent from University/Board with at least 70 % aggregate marks in Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics (PCM) and at least 50% marks in English (either in Class X or Class XII).
Age Limit: 17 to 19½ years (i.e. born between 02 Jan 1993 & 01 Jul 1995. (both dates inclusive).
- Height and Weight: Minimum Height- 157 cms with correlated weight as per age
- Eye Sight: The minimum acceptable vision standard for distant vision 6/6, 6/9 correctable to 6/6, 6/6 with glasses. Should not be colour/ night blind.
Note: There will be no relaxation in physical standards.
Pay Scale: Rs 15600-39100; Grade Pay Rs 5400 plus MSP Rs 6000
Selection Procedure: The selection procedure is as follows.
- Initial screening/ Short listing of applications based on their PCM marks in 10+2/ equivalent Examination.
- Shortlisted candidates will be called for Service Selection Board (SSB) interview which will be held in two stages.
- a) Stage I- It will consist of Intelligence Test, Picture Perception and Discussion test will be conducted on the second day of arrival at SSB.
- b) Stage II tests comprising of Psychological testing, Group Testing, and Interview which will last for 4 days.
- Final Selection as per the order of merit
How to Apply
- Candidates are to submit application in ‘e-application' (Online) for this entry. The candidates desirous of applying online (e-application).
- For online (e-application):- Whilst filling up the e-application, keep the relevant documents readily available. Click on the "Officer Entry" button under the option "Apply Online" on the Home Page.
- Before clicking the submit button it should be checked whether all the details entered in the form are correct as you will not be able to make any corrections after saving the record.
- After submitting the form, a ‘Roll Number' will be generated by the system and displayed on the screen. This Roll Number will automatically appear on the print out of the form.
- Print two copies of the online Application Form having the system generated Roll Number. One copy of this Application Form is to be duly signed and mailed (posted) to Post Box No. 04, Chanakyapuri, New Delhi- 110 021 along with the prescribed documents.
- A superscription is to be made on envelope: ONLINE ROLL NO._______ APPLICATION FOR 10+2 CADET (B TECH) ENTRY SCHEME- JUN 2012 COURSE Qualification PCM Percentage ___%.
Note: Application and requisite enclosures must be properly tagged/ stappled, IHQ MoD(Navy) will not be responsible for loss of enclosures, if sent loose. Send the Application by normal post. Application received by Speed Post/Courier/Registered Post will not be accepted.
Another copy of the print out application form can be kept for future reference (SSB Interview).
For more information, please CLICK HERE