Name of the Post: Sailors (Unmarried male candidates)
- Opening date for online registration: 26 November 2011
- Last date for online registration: 9 December 2011
- Last date for receipt of application: 16 December 2011
- Last date for receipt of application (from remote areas): 23 December 2011
- Course will commence from: 6 August 2012
- Written Exam Date: March/ April 2012
- List of selected candidates: 29 June 2012
•i) Marital Status: Unmarried male candidates and male subjects of Nepal and Bhutan
•ii) Educational qualification: Qualified in 10+2/ equivalent examination with Maths and Physics and at least one of these subjects; Chemistry/Biology/Computer Science.
•iii) Age Limit: Candidate should have been born between 1 August 1991 and 31 July 1995 (including both dates)
Pay and Perquisites
Candidates, on selection, will initially be paid a stipend of Rs 5700 per month during the initial training period. On successful completion of initial training, they will be placed in the Pay Band Rs.5200-20200. In addition they will be paid Grade Pay of Rs 2000 plus MSP of Rs 2000 plus DA.
Promotion: Promotion prospects exist up to the rank of Master Chief Petty Officer-I (equivalent to Subedar Major) with pay scale of Rs 9300-34800 plus Grade Pay of Rs 4800 Plus MSP of Rs 2000 plus DA. Opportunities for promotion to commissioned officer also exist for those who perform well and qualify the prescribed examinations.
During the entire period of training and thereafter, sailors are given books, reading material, uniform, food, and accommodation etc. free of cost.
Sailors are entitled to medical treatment, Leave Travel Concessions for self and dependents, Group Housing Benefits and other privileges. Sailors are also entitled to Annual and Casual Leave, Children education and house rent allowances. Post retirement benefits include pension, gratuity, and Leave encashment. All perquisites are extended as per service conditions and their eligibility/ admissibility is regulated.
Selection of recruits is based on the order of merit depending on their performance in the following.
- a) Written Test
- b) Physical Fitness Test (PFT)
- c) Fitness in the Medical Examinations
Training and Initial Engagement
Training: The training for the course will commence in August 2012, with 24 weeks Basic Training at INS Chilka followed by Professional training in the allotted trade in various Naval Training Establishments.
Discharge as Unsuitable: Sailors are liable to be discharged as UNSUITABLE due to unsatisfactory performance at any time during the training.
Initial Engagement: The initial engagement is subjected to successful completion of training and is for a period of 15 years.
How to Apply: The eligible candidates may send their application in format available on http://nausena-bharti.nic.in/.
- a) The application is to be submitted on A4 size white copier bond paper with one photocopy exactly as per the sample application which also available on website. Candidates forwarding application on any other format and candidates who send more than one application for the same entry will be rejected.
- b) Envelops: Domicile state, type of entry and percentage of marks in 10+2 board examination is to be clearly written on top of the envelope containing the application. Envelopes should be of brown colour. Example: SSR 02/2012 -MAHARASHTRA - 68.7 % (10+2).
- c) List of Documents: The documents mentioned in the application form are to be punched and tied firmly with a strong thread to the application in the correct sequence.
- d) Photographs: The Photograph should be clear and good quality with blue background. Application received without photographs or not in the specified format will be rejected.
- e) Attesting Officer's name, signature with office address and seal should be clear and legible.
Applications will be received only through ordinary post. Application received through speed post/ registered post or couriers will be rejected.
Candidates sending both applications i.e. Online and manual will be disqualified.
For further details, please Click Here or contact IHQ MoD on Tele : 011 -23793067