Indian School of Mines (ISM), a deemed University under the UGC Act 1967 was set up on the line of Royal School of Mines, London in 1926 at Dhanbad. It announced admissions to MPhil programme in four subjects for which applications are invited by the intended candidates.
Name of Programme
Subjects Offered: Applied Chemistry/ Applied Physics/ Applied Mathematics/ English
• Last date to submit online application form: 30 March 2013
• Deadline to receive hardcopy of application form by the centre: 5 April 2013
• Date of entrance examination (ISM-EE): 12 May 2013
• Admission seekers must possess Masters degree in the relevant subject with at least 55% marks (50% for SC/ST) or equivalent CGPA from reputed colleges / universities
• In addition to this, the candidates should be NET qualified.
• Those applicants who have not qualified NET will have to appear in ISM-EE conducted by ISM.
• Aspirants having 10 years of teaching experience may be waived off the percentage required in the Master’s degree.
For Sponsored Categories candidates
• Applicants are required to have minimum two years full time work experience in a government organization or companies of repute in the relevant field or in a recognized Academic Institutions
• NET Qualified candidates will be selected through counselling and/or interview to be conducted at ISM.
• After admitting NET qualified applicants, the vacant seats will be filled with the ISM-EE candidates by giving preference to higher scorer over the low scorers in the All India on the basis of scores obtained in the All India Entrance Examination conducted by ISM.
Application Fee and Mode of Payment
The application fee is Rs 1500 for General / OBC candidates (Rs 750 for SC / ST / PD applicants) and must be paid through online bank challan of SBI.
How to Apply
• Aspirants should apply online at the website of ISM Dhanbad
• Applicants must take the print out of the application form and send along with the requisite documents to the below mentioned address so as to reach within the prescribed time span:
Deputy Registrar (Academic and SW)
Indian School of Mines
Sponsored candidates must note that their application forms should be endorsed by the current employer.
To attain further information, please visit official website of the institute www.ismdhanbad.ac.in