How long have you been looking for a job? How long have you been on the job market?
How to answer this Interview Question:
If you are employed:
- If are already employed the question is not very relevant as you can always say that you are looking for the right opportunity
- Follow this up with a description of the type of opportunity that you are looking for .
If you are unemployed:
- Try to talk in months, if the time is very long this raises questions in the Interviewers head as to why you have not been employed. Noone want to hire someone that other people have rejected.
- Make sure that to discuss that you have been looking for the right opportunity with the right company, right profile, right people etc.
- Speak about the offers that you have received and why they have not been suitable for you
- Try to explain gaps with justified answers if the period of time that you have been looking for a job exceeds the time you have been employed. Good ideas could be personal, pursuing a hobby, figuring out what you wanted to do next etc.