The Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP) is one of the Central Armed Police Forces that was conceived on 24 October 1962 for security along the India's border with the Tibet Autonomous Region of China, border covering 2115 kilometres. It invites application for the posts mentioned below.
Name of the Post and Number of Vacancies
- Head Constable (Motor Mechanic): 58 vacancies
- Constable (Motor Mechanic): 135 vacancies
- Constable (Driver): 425 vacancies
- Last date for sending application: 24 February 2012
- Last date for sending application (Candidates from remote areas): 2 March 2012
Age Limit (as on 24 February 2012): Maximum 25 years
- Head Constable (Motor Mechanic): Rs 5200-20200; Grade Pay Rs 2400
- Constable (Motor Mechanic/ Driver): Rs 5200-20200; Grade Pay Rs 2000
Application Fee: No application fee will be charged from SC/ ST/ Ex- Servicemen candidate and fee for General and OBC candidate is Rs 50.
Candidates need to send application fee in the form of Central Recruitment Fee Stamp (CRFS)/ IPO/ DD drawn in favour of ‘Inspector General, (Northern) Frontier. ITBP, payable at SBI- IMA Dehradun, Code No- 0739'.
Selection Procedure: The candidates will be selected on the basis of the following tests.
- Document Verification
- Physical Standard Test (PST)
- Physical Efficiency Test (PET) (Qualifying Only)
- Written Test
- Practical/ Trade Test
- Detailed Medical Examination
How to Apply
Eligible and interested candidates should send their Applications (duly filled in Hindi or English only) complete in all respects to ‘The Inspector General, Northern Frontier, ITBP, Post- Seemadwar, Distt. Dehradun (UKD), Pin Code- 248146". The outer cover should be subscribed in Bold Letters as "APPLICATION FOR THE POST OF (__________________) IN ITBP."
For information on Educational Qualification and Selection Procedure, please CLICK HERE