Jadavpur University (JU) was setup by the British in Calcutta in 1861 as a means of spreading western philosophical thought among the elite in India. It invites application from eligible candidates for recruitment to the post of Research Associate and Research Assistant for a period of 1 year on contract basis.
Name of the Post and Number of Vacancies in Jadavpur University
- Research Associate: 2 vacancies
- Research Assistant: 2 vacancies
Important Dates for Recruitment in Jadavpur University
Last date for submission of application form: 24 January 2013
Eligibility Criteria for Recruitment in Jadavpur University
- Research Associate: Postgraduate degree or equivalent (with minimum 55% marks) & PhD Degree (in any Subject) from a recognized University. Candidate should have a research published in Women’s Studies or related field
- Research Assistant: Postgraduate degree or equivalent (with minimum 55% marks) or M.Phil in any Subject from a recognized University. Besides this, the aspirant should have a degree or NET in Women’s Studies
- Research Associate: Below 45 years
- Research Assistant: No age limit has been prescribed for this position
- Research Associate: Rs 22,000 + HRA (30%) Per month (Consolidated)
- Research Assistant: Rs 17000
How to Apply for Recruitment in Jadavpur University: Candidates can either download Application Form from the University’s website or obtain it from Jadavpur University Information Centre by paying Rs 50 (Rupees fifty only). Candidates who will be downloading application from the university website should send a Demand Draft (DD) of the same amount as mentioned above in favour of “The Registrar, Jadavpur University”. Application complete in all respect with attested copies of certificates, mark sheets & testimonials should reach the office of School of Women’s Studies, Jadavpur University, Kolkata – 700032, by hand or post/ courier.
For more details; please visit http://www.jaduniv.edu.in