Jammu & Kashmir Public Service Commission invites applications on prescribed form from the permanent residents of Jammu & Kashmir State possessing the prescribed educational qualification and age for the post of Works Manager in Transport Department. The complete application form should reach the office of the J&K Public Service Commission Polo Ground Srinagar/ Resham Garh Colony Bakshi Nagar Jammu by or on 30.01.2014. In case it is declared a public holiday the last date for receipt of Application Forms shall be following working day. The duty of Jammu & Kashmir Public Service Commission is to conduct examinations for appointments to the services of the State. And the Commission shall be consulted on all matter relating to methods of recruitment to Civil Services and for Civil posts.
Last Date for Submmission of Application:30 January 2014.
Details of Posts
Name of Post: Works Manager
Degree in Automobile Engineering from a recognized University or AMIE (Section A & B) in Automobile Engineering. or
Three years Diploma in Automobile Engineering with 5 years experience in any Government/ Semi Government/ Public Sector Undertaking.
Age Limit :
(i)Age Limit for the candidates is 18 Years to 37 Years.
(ii)39 Years for Physically handicapped candidates, 40 Years for In Service Candidates and Candidates belonging to RBA/ SC/ ST/ ALC/ SLC and 48 Years for Ex- serviceman.
Pay Scale/ Remuneration :
The posts carry the pay scale of Rs. 9,300/- to Rs. 34,800/- plus Grade Pay (GP) of Rs. 5,200/- plus Allowances as admissible under rules.
Fee Payment :
Application Forms can be obtained from the office of the J&K Public Service Commission, Polo Ground Srinagar/ Resham Ghar Colony, Bakshi Nagar, Jammu on cash payment of Rs. 500/- (excluding processing charges of Rs. 10/-) in respect of General Category candidates and Rs. 250/- (excluding processing charges of Rs. 10/-) in respect of Category candidates through the counters of J&K Bank opened in the offices of J&K Public Service Commission from 9:30 am to 3:00 pm on all working days.
How to Apply :
- The OMR Application Forms should be filled up neatly, correctly and completely. A copy of passport size photograph duly attested by the Gazetted Officer should be pasted at the relevant place/ space in the Application Form.
- The Application Form complete in all respects should be photo-copied. The photocopies of the certificates/ testimonials be attached with photocopy of the Application Form. The OMR Application Form together with the photocopy of the Application Form and enclosures be submitted to the Commission office in the envelope provided by the Commission along with the Application Form.
- Attested photo copies of the following Certificates need to be attached with the photocopy of the Application Form :
(i) Date of Birth Certificate.
(ii) Permanent Resident Certificate.
(iii) Educational Qualification Certificates Prescribed for the Post.
(iv) Certificate of Higher Qualification, if any.
(v) Marks certificate of all semesters of prescribed qualification.
(vi) Category certificate as per SRO 294 dated 21.10.2005 as amended from time to time read with other relevant SRO’s which must be valid on the cut off date ( viz. last date for receipt of application forms).
(vii Disability Certificate on the prescribed format.
- Please note that the application form on which correction fluid is applied shall be rejected outrightly.
- Fee amount is payable in the shape of Bank Draft drawn from J&K Bank Limited only or by cash at J&K Bank counters opened in P.S.C Offices both at Jammu/ Srinagar. No other mode of payment is acceptable.
- For complete details regarding the posts and other Terms & conditions the candidate should log on to the Website www.jkpsc.nic.in
The candidates will be selected on the basis of performance in Written Test/ Trade Test/ Interviews, which might be conducted by the administration.