JPSC (Jharkhand PCS) Mains Exam 2018 : Most Important Topics and Questions
Most important questions for the JPSC Mains (Jharkhand PCS ) 2018 are given at one place to help the candidates in their JPSC Mains preparation.
The Jharkhand Public Service Commission has issued the Admit Card for the JPSC Mains Exam 2016 which is to be held from 28 january to 1 February 2019. The Prelims of this exam was held on 18 December 2016 and the Mains exam was also held previously but the Mains exam was cancelled then. Now, the Mains exam has been scheduled. Here is the detailed scheduled:
Date and Day of the Exam
First Shift (10 AM to 1 PM)
Second Shift (2 PM to 5 PM)
28 Jan (Monday)
29 Jan (Tuesday)
30 Jan (Wednesday)
31 Jan (Thursday)
1 Feb (Friday)
The JPSC conducts the exam in three phases like other state PCS. The exam consists of:
1. Prelims Exam
2. Mains Exam
The Prelims exam consists of two papers i.e. GS Paper I and GS Paper II. Both the Papers are of 100 questions each and the time limit is of two hours.
If we talk about the Mains exam of JPSC, it consists of six compulsory papers, common to all candidates. Two of these papers are language-based. One language paper is of 100 marks and the other is of 150 marks. The four other papers are subject- based. All the subject- based papers shall be of 200 marks.
The language-based Paper consists of:
(i) A composite paper of General Hindi & General English
(ii) A Language and Literature paper of certain language which every candidate has to opt.
The subject-based Papers consist of:
(i) Social Science (History & Geography)
(ii) Indian Constitution Polity,Public Administration and Good Governance
(iii) Indian Economy,Globalization and sustainable Development
(iv) General Science,Environment & Technology Development.
Important Topics and Questions of History
1. The causes of the French failure in the Anglo-French struggle in the Carnatic.
2. Genesis and the spread of tribal revolts in Eastern India from 1817 onwards.
3. The growth of the Trade Union Movement in India up to 1946.
4. The main features of the Government of India Act, 1919 and its significance after the First World War.
5. The nature of the Civil Disobedience Movement of 1930, its progress and the reasons for its failure.
6. The role of revolutionary national movement in the Independence of India.
7. Orientalist-Anglicist controversy over British Education Policy in India.
8. Reforms of Coenwallis and its effect.
9. Concept of drain of wealth from India to England.
10. New Imperialism, Cold War, Blood & Iron Policy of Bismark.
11. Land Refoem policy during 1950 to 1964.
12. Renaissance and its effect on Europe.
13. Development of Communism in China and its success.
14. Role of Japan in two World Wars.
15. Disintegration of Soviet Union.
Important Topics and Questions of Geography
1. Map location topics related to: Gulf Stream, Great Barrier Reef, Knots, Deserts, Trenches, Volcanoes, Basins and Hurricanes etc.
2. Earth-its interior, exterior, seismic waves, quakes etc.
3. International human migration.
4. Factors affecting the distribution of population.
5. Cultural realms and its classification.
6. Classification of the towns- Nelson and Harris method.
7. Urbanisation and its impact.
8. Rural urban fringe and its emergence.
9. Market area schools in the location of the industries.
10. Dark age in Europe, relevance of quantitative revolution, environment etc.
11. Population in the developing countries.
12. Distribution and classification of human races- Griffith Taylor view.
13. Topographic features and soil genesis
14. Plate tectonics theory, Polar front theory
15. Ozonosphere and earth
16. Hydrological cycle
17. Biotic, abiotic regions and biome
18. Ecosystem, its components and impacts of human beings
Important Topics and Questions of Public Administration
1. Terms like Red Tapism, Gangplank etc.
2. Communication, its types, roles and significance
3. Line and staff agencies
4. Comparative public administration and ecological approach of administration
5. Public policy, its role and importance
6. Civil services, bureaucracy and its role and importance
7. Chief executive, its role and functions and related hierarchy
8. Concept of politics-administration dichotomy
9. All india services recruitment system
10. civil services and the developing society
11. Delegation-types, roles, importance
12. Interrelationship of public administration with various disciplines
13. Concept of morale in administration
14. Centralisation and decentralisation of power in administration
15. Legislative control-ways and means
Important Topics and Questions of Economics
1. Poverty-its meaning, effect on society, poverty line, means to curb poverty
2. Credit and monetary policy of the country and the policy mix
3. Trade policy, world trade and its sustainance
4. Planning of Indian economy
5. Role of micro and small industries in Indian economy
6. Corruption and black money, its impact on economy, ways to minimise black money
7. Regional disparities in India and its economic impact
8. Public and private sector enterprises
9. Types of economy and the Indian context
10. Agricultural policy in India and ways to improve
11. Industrial policies of India
12. Inflation, demand and supply
13. Minimum Support Price (MSP) and administered price
14. Budget-revenues and expenditure
15. Jharkhand and its economy
Important Topics and Questions of Chemistry
1. Activation energy and heat of reaction
2. Applications of EPR on biological systems
3. Bond fissions-homolytic and heterolytic
4. Nucleophile and electrophile
5. Ions, compounds and their properties
6.Polymers and isomers
7. Reactions types-Friedal Crafts, Aldol, Perkin, Mannich
8. Hydrocarbons and its chains, nomenclature of hydrocarbons
9. Intermolecular and intramolecular rearrangement
10. Saytzev and Hofmann rule
11. Carbohydrate and osazone formation
12. Carbonions and its generations
13. Cycloaddition and rearrangement of carbenes
14. Free radicals, non-classical carbocations, different mechanisms of reactions
15. Baeyer’s strain theory
16. Chirality, stereoselectivity and its examples
17. Naming of the compounds and predicting the formation of the products
Important Topics and Questions of Physics
1. Energy and its different forms
2. Law of conservation of energy and momentum
3. Principle of mass and energy equivalence
4. Gaseous system and the isothermal and adiabatic changes
5. Principle and working of different electric devices
6. LASER and its principle, working
7. Maxwell law and gases having kinetic energy; Brewster’s law
8. Reflection, refraction and Nicol prism
9. Concepts of satellite and its movement around the earth
10. Thermodynamics and its laws
11. Conductor, insulator, semiconductor etc. And their uses
12. Theory of relativity and Rutherford’s theory
13. Sound waves and their properties
14. Wave theory of light and its usages
15. Polarisation, scattering, diffraction etc.
16. Wave phenomena of light
17. Different ways of measuring temperature
The candidates of JPSC Mains exam should refer to all these topics in detail as these topics have been asked in the previous Mains exam also. If they go through all these topics then it is certain that they will be increasing their chance of their success.