The Karnataka TET (KARTET) exam is going to conduct on 03.02.2019 as per the KARTET 2018 notification. Candidates preparing for KARTET 2018 exam may be searching for the possible KARTET qualifying/Cutoff marks for all categories (including General/SC/ST/others). The cutoff marks are very important because on the basis of these marks, you will get the KARTET qualifying certificate. Besides the qualifying marks, candidates also look for the number of appeared candidates in each district of the Karnataka state. Hence, to get answers to all such questions, please go through the following article containing all the particulars related to KARTET cutoff marks and KARTET result procedure. Before heading to the KARTET cutoff marks for 2018 session, let us understand the intent of Karnataka government to conduct KARTET exam.
Through KARTET exam, a candidate is recruited to teach for Classes I-VIII in Karnataka state government schools and the rationales behind conducting the KARTET exam are as follows-
- KARTET exam is intended to improve teaching quality and teaching standards in the government schools.
- The primary purpose behind KARTET exam is to test and improve the candidate’s subject knowledge.
- Karnataka TET exam is a compulsory exam to be a teacher in Karnataka government schools. With the KARTET qualifying certificate, you can appear in the further teaching jobs interviews for the next 7 years.
Karnataka TET (KARTET) Exam Cutoff Marks
The cutoff marks of the KARTET exam is pre-decided and mentioned by the organizing authority in the KARTET notification explicitly. Since the KARTET exam is qualifying in nature. Hence, there will be no relative marking and you will be judged on your individual performance against the laid criteria. The KARTET cutoff/qualifying marks as per the KARTET notification @schooleducation.kar.nic.in is described in the following table-
Cutoff/ Qualifying Marks
60% or above
SC/ST/CI/differently abled candidates
55% or above
The maximum marks for the KARTET paper-1 & paper-2 exam will be 150 and the candidates hailing from the above-mentioned categories need to attain the specified marks of the total marks.
Important Note: The Karnataka TET exam is a qualifying exam. Hence, it does not guarantee any employment in the state schools. However, it is mandatory for all aspirants. After KARTET exam, you have to appear in the interviews further notified by the Karnataka state government. This interview process generally contains the following stages-
- Written exam (If applicable)
- Personal Interview
- Previous teaching or other experience
After acquiring the KARTET qualifying certificate, you have to face the above stages to get a permanent teaching job in the Karnataka state schools. Hence, the KARTET qualifying certificate is necessary. Without this, your candidature will not be considered.
Karnataka TET (KARTET) 2018 Results
After the commencement of Karnataka TET exam, you need to visit @schooleducation.kar.nic.in for the KARTET results. The date of KARTET result will be announced on this website only. The possible steps to get the KARTET results 2018 are as follows-
- Visit the official website i.e. schooleducation.kar.nic.in.
- On the landing page, search for the Result by pressing Ctrl+ F.
- Click on the link that is relevant to the KARTET results.
- Here, you will get a PDF containing the list of successful candidates.
- Check your name and roll number in it. If you have qualified the exam, take a print of this document.
Other Important links for the KARTET exam
KARTET 2018 (Karnataka Teacher Eligibility Test) Exam Pattern and Syllabus
Karnataka Teacher Eligibility Test (KARTET) 2018 Eligibility Criteria
Karnataka TET-KARTET 2018 Notification, Syllabus, Cutoff, Previous year papers, Syllabus, and More