Jammu and Kashmir Public Service Commission (JKPSC) issued notification for KAS (Preliminary) Exam (J&K Combined Competitive (Preliminary) Examination) 2014 on 24 April 2014.
JKPSC invited application for KAS (Preliminary) Exam (J&K Combined Competitive (Preliminary) Examination) 2014. The candidates eligible for the post can apply through prescribed format before 12 June 2014.
- Opening Date for Registration: 12 May 2014
- Closing Date for Registration: 12 June 2014
- Date of Preliminary Examination (In two Sessions): 12 October 2014
- Date of Main Examination: 01 March 2015
Details of Post
- Junior Scale of J&K Administrative Service: 33
- J&K Police (G) Service: 16
- J&K Accounts (G) Service: 02
Total Number of Post: 51
The candidate must be a permanent resident of the State.
Age Limit: Candidates should have attained minimum 21 years but not have exceeded the age of 35 years (in case of OM candidates) as on 01 January 2014 i.e. a candidate must have been born not earlier than 01 January 1979 and not later than 01 January 1993.
Relaxation in Upper Age
The upper age limit in case of following shall, however be 37 years again reckonable with reference to 01 January 2014
- Candidates belonging to Scheduled Castes/ Scheduled Tribes/ Socially and Educationally Backward Classes;
- Candidates holding a civil post in the State in a substantive capacity
The upper age limit for physically challenged candidates is 38 years irrespective of the category to which such a candidate belongs.
Educational Qualification: Bachelor’s degree of a recognized University in India or of a foreign University declared by Government in consultation with the Commission to be equivalent to the degree of a recognized Indian University.
How to Apply
The candidates applying for Preliminary Examination can obtain the Application Forms along-with copy of SRO 387 dated 01.12.2008 as amended from time to time containing the syllabus for the examination, instructions for filling up of the Application Form, Acknowledgement Card and an Envelope for submitting the Application Forms, from the designated branches of the J&K Bank on cash payment of following application fee
- For Open Merit/General Category Candidates: Rs. 800/- (Rupees Eight Hundred only)
- for SC, ST, RBA, LAC, Social Caste (SLC) and Physically Challenged (PHC) category candidates: Rs. 550/- (Rupees Five hundred and fifty only)
- The female candidates in BPL (Below Poverty Line) category: No fee
Candidates can obtain the Application Form from the Bank free of cost on production of requisite document. Bank branched is available different parts on the state, details of which is mentioned in the notification.
Completely filled applications should be deposited by the candidates at any of the mentioned designated branches of the J&K Bank before the last date. The last date for submission of the Application Forms is 12 June 2014.
Click to the mentioned link for details.