Kolkata Municipal Corporation invited applications for recruitment of Assistant Engineer (Electrical) & Sub-Assistant Engineer (Electrical). The candidates eligible for the post can apply through prescribed format before 28 February 2014. The KMC was established in 1876. It is responsible for the civic infrastructure and administration of the city of Kolkata.
Last Date for Receipt of Application forms: 28 February 2014
Details of Posts
Name of the Posts
- Assistant Engineer (Electrical): 11 Posts
- Sub-Assistant Engineer (Electrical): 23 Posts
Total No. of Vacancies: 34 posts
- Candidate’s age should be between 18-37 years for both posts as on 1 January 2014.
- Relaxation is applicable as per the rules.
- Assistant Engineer (Electrical): Degree in Electrical Engineering of a recognized University or its equivalent. One year post graduate practical training or study or research or practical engineering experience and Passing the examination of “O” level in computer application approved by AICTE are desirable.
- Sub-Assistant Engineer (Electrical): Diploma in Electrical Engineering from the State Council for Engineering or Technical Education or its equivalent and One year’s practical training or study or practical engineering experience in Municipal Engineering work. Working knowledge in computer is preferable.
- General/OBC Category candidates have to pay Rs. 150 only and processing charge of Rs. 50/- only shall be collected through all branches of United Bank of India and deposited to A/C No. 0088050006323 vide challan specially designed and available at Commission’s website www.mscwb.org.
- S.C., S.T. and P.H. category candidates are exempted from application fee but they have to pay Rs. 50/- as processing charge.
- Assistant Engineer (Electrical): Rs.15600-42000 + GP Rs.5400
- Sub-Assistant Engineer (Electrical): Rs.9000-40500 + GP Rs.4400
Selection will be made on the basis of performance in Preliminary Test, Written Test and interview.
How to Apply
- Interested candidates need to send their applications in the prescribed format as given in notification.
- Application form complete in all respects along with Self-attested photocopies of the documents/certificates in support of age, caste, qualification and experience (if any) etc. should be sent to the Secretary, Municipal Service Commission by ordinary post or may drop in the box kept at Commission’s Office on any working day during office hours within 28 February 2014.
- The envelope should be super-scribed “APPLICATION FOR THE POST OF……………….”