Previous year paper is the best source to know about the real level of questions asked in the entrance exam. Jagranjosh.com has brought the solved Data Analysis & Sufficiency section from September 2012 MAT Question paper. It consists of 40 questions. Practice well to succeed in the exam.
Directions (Qs. 1 to 5): Study the graph below to answer these questions.
The bar graph depicts the distribution of the marks scored by six students A, B, C, D, E and F in four different subjects, as a percentage of their aggregate marks for the four subjects.
The aggregate marks scored by A = 450, B = 600, C = 575, D = 800, E = 650 and F = 725.
1. If a Certificate of Merit is awarded to the student who scored the highest marks in Numerical, then who would get it?
2. The marks scored by A in Verbal is approximately what percentage of the aggregate marks scored by B?
3. The marks scored by D in Numerical is approximately what percentage of the marks scored by A and C combined, in Logical?
4. Assume that there were some mistakes in calculating the percentage distribution depicted in the graph with marks scored in Numerical getting interchanged with those scored in Logical, and marks scored in Soft skills getting interchanged with those scored in Verbal. If a scholarship is awarded to the student who scored the highest marks in Soft skills and Numerical taken together, then who would get it?
5. The marks scored by E in Logical is approximately what percent more than the marks scored by F in Verbal?