Governed by Institutes of Technology Act, 1961, the Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs) are a group of autonomous public engineering institutes of higher education. Currently, it invited applications from the eligible valid CAT 2012 score holders for the admission to MBA in six IITs including IIT Khargapur, IIT Delhi, IIT Roorkee, IIT Bombay, IIT Kanpur and IIT Madras
Name of the Programme
- Masters in Management for IIT Bombay - 2 years Full time
- Masters in Business Administration (MBA) for all other IITs - 2 years Full time
Deadline to submit application forms in all IITs: 28 January 2013
Eligibility Criteria for admission in IIT
- Candidates must possess a graduation degree from any recognized University/ Institute.
- Applicants must have appeared in Common Admission Test (CAT) 2012 conducted by Indian Institutes of Management and possess the valid score card of the said examination
Selection Process for admission in IIT
- Applicants will be shortlisted on the basis of the marks obtained in CAT 2012 examination.
- Shortlisted candidates will have to appear in GD/GT and interview held independently by each IIT.
- Besides this, academic record and work experience will also be taken into consideration while selection of the candidates.
- For NRIs, selection will be based on valid CAT/ GMAT score card
Candidates must note that IIMs has no role in the selection procedure.
How to Apply for admission in IIT
- Aspirants are required to fill in the online application form available on the website of the IIT in which they wish to apply.
- Candidates must submit the filled in application form along with the requisite documents separately to each IIT within the prescribed time span.
To seek more information, please visit websites of respective institutes as given below:
IIT Bombay- www.som.iitb.ac.in
IIT Delhi- www.iitd.ac.in
IIT Kanpur- www.iitk.ac.in
IIT Kharagpur – www.som.iitkgp.ernet.in
IIT Madras- www.doms.iitm.ac.in
IIT Roorkee- www.iitr.ac.in
Aspirants should also Read
Click here for all the updates on CAT
Click here for all the updates on MAT
Click here for all the updates on CMAT
Click here for all the updates on MBA