University of Calcutta, established in 1857 is one of the oldest Universities of the nations. The University formed the post graduate department of Business Management in 1985 to foster value based management education and research in students. It announced admissions to Master of Business Administration programme for the CAT 2012 score card holders.
Name of the Programme: Master of Business Administration (MBA)
Important Date: Last date to receive completed application form: 28 February 2013
- Admission seekers are required to possess Bachelor’s Degree (10+2+3) system with Honours in Arts/Science/Commerce etc from recognised university
Candidates having Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering & Technology /Medical Science / Professional Courses/ or its equivalent from any recognized University
- Applicants should possess valid score card of CAT 2012 examination.
Applicants will be shortlisted on the basis of their performance in CAT 2012. Shortlisted candidates will be called for Personal Interview and Group Discussion for the final selection.
Application Fee and Mode of Payment
The application fee is Rs 1500 for General and OBC candidates (Rs 750 for SC/ ST/ PH) and can be paid through one of the modes mentioned below:
- Through cash payment of the admission form at the University’s Sales Counter/ Department Office of the University
- Through Demand Draft drawn in the name of “Pro-Vice Chancellor (B.A. & F), Calcutta University” (in case of downloaded form)
How to Apply
- Admission seekers can purchase the admission form from the Calcutta University Sales Counter, Asutosh Building/ Department office of University.
- Moreover, admission forms can also be downloaded from the website of the University http://www.bmcaluniv.org.
- Filled in application form along with prescribed amount of DD (in case of downloaded application form) and copy of mark sheet of the last examination passed & CAT
Registration Number should reach to the below mentioned address within the specified time period:
Department of Business Management
1 Reformatory Street
For more queries, please visit the official website of the University
Aspirants should also Read