Medical Services Recruitment Board Tamil Nadu invited application for recruitment of 2159 Asst Surgeon posts 2013. Eligible candidates may apply online on or before 21 April 2013.
Opening date for Online Application Forms: 31 March 2013
Closing date for Online Applications Forms: 21 April 2013
Closing date for payment of Fee through Bank: 23 April 2013
Date and Time of Examination: 12 May 2013 from 10.00 A.M. to 01.00 P.M
Detail of Vacancies
- Assistant Surgeon (General) : 911 Posts
- Assistant Surgeon (Speciality) : 1163 Posts
- Assistant Surgeon (Dental – General) : 85 Posts
- For SCs, SC(A)s, STs, MBCs/DCs, BCs, and BCMs Candidates : Minimum age must be 18 yrs and no limit on upper age
- For the Other Category Candidates : Minimum Age must be 18 yrs and max age must be 35 yrs for Asst. Surgeon (General & Speciality)
- And Minimum Age must be 18 yrs and max age must be 30 yrs for Asst. Surgeon (Dental) (General & Speciality)
- For Assistant Surgeon (General) posts: MBBS or equivalent degree.
- For Assistant Surgeon (Speciality) posts: MBBS or equivalent degree with Post Graduate Diploma / Post Graduate Degree in the concerned speciality /Super speciality.
- For Assistant Surgeon (Dental – General): BDS / MDS degree / Post Graduate in dental Surgery.
- Apart from the above, the candidate
i) Must be a registered practitioner within the meaning of the Madras Medical Registration Act, 1914
ii) Must have served as House Surgeon for a period of not less than twelve months.
iii) Candidates should have valid registration in their name in the Tamil Nadu Medical Council or Tamil Nadu Dental Council (as per the case).
- For SC/ST candidates Rs.350/-
- For all others candidates Rs.700/-.
Scheme of Examination: Written examination in Optical Markup Reader (OMR) – sheet Objective type single paper.
i. Common exam for Asst. Surgeon (General) and Asst. Surgeon (Speciality).
ii. Common exam for Asst. Dental Surgeon (General) and Asst. Dental Surgeon (Speciality).
- Duration: 3 Hours
- Maximum Marks: 100
- Minimum Qualifying Marks for selection (%): For SC/ ST 30 and For Others 35
Pay Scale: Rs 15600 – 39100 + Grade Pay Rs 5400/-
The selection will made on the basis of marks obtained by the candidates in the written examination following the rules of communal rotation of Government of Tamil Nadu.
How to Apply
Eligible candidates can apply only online through official website of Medical Service Recruitment Board (MRB) http://www.mrbexam.in on or before 21 April 2013.