Most important things to know about career coaching
In this article you will get to know about the most important things about career coaching or a career coach. Here you will get to know that how a career coach can help you get a clear career path and tackle various other career related problems.
Like we go to a fitness trainer to help us shed those extra kilos from our body, a psychiatric therapist to help us get out of the stressed situation, the same way we can approach a career counselor or coach when it comes your career.
1. Who is a Career Coach?
Image source: edge.ascd.org
A career coach is a professional trainer who helps you establishing your professional goals, making career decisions, creating and executing plans, and overcoming obstacles that may come in your way.
2. Why to Approach a Career Coach?
Image source: files.site-fusion.co.uk
When you are not clear with your career goals or don’t have a career path, a career coaching service can guide you through the techniques and strategies needed to take the next step.
Not only the freshers can benefit from having the guidance and expertise of a career coach to help launch their careers, but the seasoned professionals moving up the ranks could also benefit from the reassurance of a career coach to help them successfully advance in their field. For example: Professionals looking to switch careers can seek the advice and support of a career coach to help them make a impeccable transition into a more suitable and satisfying career.
3. How to Find a Good Career Coach?
Image source: workingmother.com
Before going to someone seeking help for your career endeavors , the most important thing is to find someone with a good reputation and experience in his job (career coaching) with whom you’d feel comfortable and confident talking to.
Some important things to know about a career coach are:
- Explore out the coach’s website closely to get an idea of his qualification, work experience, and reputation in the field.
- Look at the coach’s background to track his career path and find out that how many clients he has helped or managed to achieve success in their respective career.
- Ask your friends or other people who have undergone his services.
- See how well the coach is running his own business. If he/she is hesitant about marketing herself, how will he/she help you with that?
- Take the advantage of the consultation class that most of the coaches offer to potential clients. Talk to them and get a feel for how they work.
4. What should the career coaching offer you?
Image source: uniserveducation.com
You approach a career coach only when you find yourself unable to sketch the success line and realize the need of an expert advice to enlighten the pathway to right career for you.
Thus, when you join a career coaching, make sure that it helps you meet the following requirements:
- It helps you identify your strengths and weaknesses, as a professional and an individual so that you may know your worth in the job market. This will inturn help you the job searching process, as well as when it comes negotiate a salary that is fitting for your skills set.
- It helps you establish a career path but not just a job. Many a times people choose their careers based on earning potential, but later on they discover themselves to be unhappy, miserable and depressed by the work conditions. A career coach must be able to analyse your personality, qualifications, and passions, then help you to find a career that is challenging and fulfilling for you.
- It helps you build confidence as a personal as well as a professional being because in order to have a successful career, you absolutely need to be confident about your career demands and decisions. A career coach helps you to develop this confidence to help you get an outsider’s perspective on how and why you stand out from your peers.
- It helps to keep you motivated and accountable to meet your career goals. A career coach’s all efforts lie on motivating you, track your progress, and check in on you to ensure that you’re doing or you should be doing to get where you want to be in your career. At the same time his another job is to instill the accountability into you to work harder to reach your intended goals.
- It helps you to get through difficult career decisions that are inevitable to happen at least once in your work life. A career coach inculcates in you the qualities of positivity and high morale so that whenever you encounter such make-or-break situation, you are strong enough to tackle the same and make your way through it.
So, I hope all the above stated tips and suggestions to find a good career coach, will help you reach an expert and professional guide who can get you a clear career path to move on.
You may also like to read: