National Archives of India Notified Recruitment for 47 Various Posts 2014
Ministry of Culture, National Archives of India (NAI), Janpath, New Delhi invited applications.
Ministry of Culture, National Archives of India (NAI), Janpath, New Delhi invited applications for recruitment to the post of Supervisor, Preservation Assistant, Conservation Attendants and Helpers. The candidates eligible for the post can apply through prescribed format within 30 days from the date of publication of the advertisement. NAI is a repository of the non-current records of the Government of India and holds them in trust for the use of administrators and scholars. Originally established as the Imperial Record Department in 1891, in Calcutta, then capital of British India, the NAI is situated at the intersection of Janpath and Rajpath, in Delhi. It functions as an Attached Office of the Department of Culture under the Ministry of Culture, Government of India.
Last Date for Receipt of Application Forms: within 30 days from the date of publication of the advertisement
Details of Posts
Name of the Posts:
- Supervisor: 2 Posts
- Preservation Assistant: 41 Posts
- Conservation Attendants: 2 Posts
- Helpers: 2 Posts
Total no. of Posts: 47 Posts
- Supervisor: Maximum age of the candidate should be 65 years.
- Preservation Assistant: Minimum age of the candidate should be 18 years.
- Conservation Attendants: Minimum age of the candidate should be 18 years.
- Helpers: Minimum age of the candidate should be 18 years.
- Supervisor: Candidate should be Graduate preferably in Science from a recognized University, Specialized training in the field of Conservation of archival heritage from a reputed organization & Knowledge of Computer operation.
- Preservation Assistant: Minimum 12th pass and trained in Archival Conservation. The persons trained by the school of Archival studies of National Archives of India and other related institutions in this regard will be preferred. The retired persons in the field of conservation of documents may also apply.
- Conservation Attendants: 10th pass and trained persons in the field of conservation of documents.
- Helpers: 10th pass and trained persons in the field of conservation of documents.
- Supervisor: Rs.25000 per month
- Preservation Assistant: Rs.15000 per month/ Rs.12000 per month
- Conservation Attendants: Rs.10000 per month
- Helpers: Rs.9000 per month
The candidate will be selected on the basis of test followed by practical test and interview by a selection committee.
How to Apply
- Eligible candidates may apply through prescribed application format as given in notification.
- Application, complete in all respect along with attested copies of Caste certificate, Marks sheets, matriculation certificate for age proof & experience certificate should be sent to the Director, General of Archives, National Archives of India, Janpath, New Delhi within 30 days from the date of publication of the advertisement.