National Brain Research Centre (NBRC), came into existence in December 2003 and is a nodal centre under Department of Biotechnology of the Ministry of Science and Technology, Government of India. It is the only institute in India which is dedicated to neuroscience research and education. It invited applications from GATE qualified candidates for admission to Doctor of Philosophy programme and Integrated MSc-PhD programme for the batch 2013.
Name of the Programme
- Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) in Neuroscience
- Integrated MSc-PhD programme in Neuroscience
- Opening date for applying online: 1 February 2013
- Last date for applying online: 31 March 2013
- Last date for sending hard copy of online application: 8 April 2013
- Date for displaying list of shortlisted candidates for interview: April 2013
- Tentative time of interview (month): May/ June 2013
- PhD (Neuroscience): Candidates who wish to apply should possess Master’s degree in any branch of Science such as Life Sciences/ Physics/ Chemistry/ Mathematics/ Statistics/ Computer applications/ Pharmacy/ Veterinary Science/ Psychology from a recognized Institute/University OR 4 years bachelor degree in Engineering/ Technology/ Medicine with at least 55% marks (50% for SC/ ST/ PH). Final year candidate can also apply.
- Integrated MSc-PhD (Neuroscience): Bachelor's degree or equivalent in any branch of Science such as Life Sciences/Physics/Chemistry/Mathematics/ Statistics/Computer applications/Pharmacy/Veterinary Science/ Psychology/ Engineering/ Technology/ Medicine from a recognized Institute/University with at least 55% marks (50% for SC/ ST/ PH). Final year candidate can also apply.
Selection Process: Candidates applying for the course should apply with their GATE score. The shortlisted candidates will be called for interview for pursuing course in NBRC.
Application Fee and Mode of Payment
The application fee for General category candidate is Rs 300 for online application and Rs 350 for offline application. Similarly, candidates belonging to SC/ ST category should pay Rs 150 for online application and Rs 200 for offline application as application fee.
The fee needs to be paid in the form of Demand Draft drawn in favour of “Director, National Brain Research Centre and payable at Gurgaon or Manesar. Aspirants should write their Name, Programme Applied For, GATE Application Number, GATE Registration Number and Year Of Examination on the back side of Demand Draft.
How to Apply
Aspirants can either apply online or download the application form from the National Brain Research Centre website. Applicants may submit completely filled-in application form along with DD (in case of downloaded form) to the Registrar, National Brain Research Centre, Manesar-122 051, Dist. Gurgaon (Haryana).
For more information, please CLICK HERE