National Institute of Plant Genome Research, New Delhi- an Autonomous Research Institution, funded by Department of Biotechnology, Government of India, invited application from eligible candidates for admissions to Ph. D programme for conducting advanced researches in the frontier areas of Plant Biology such as, Computational Biology, Genome Analysis and Molecular Mapping, Molecular Mechanism of Abiotic Stress Responses, Nutritional Genomics, Plant Development and Architecture, Plant Immunity, Transgenics for Crop improvement, Molecular Breeding and other emerging areas based on plant genomics.
Last Date for receipt of Application in the office: 26 May 2014
Programme Affiliation: The selected candidates will be enrolled for Ph.D. program in academic affiliation with the Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi.
Note: NIPGR will provide shared accommodation to selected candidates.
Research area on offer upon selection: Advanced researches in the frontier areas of Plant Biology as follows:
- Computational Biology,
- Genome Analysis and Molecular Mapping,
- Molecular Mechanism of Abiotic Stress Responses,
- Nutritional Genomics,
- Plant Development and Architecture,
- Plant Immunity,
- Transgenics for Crop improvement,
- Molecular Breeding
- and other emerging areas based on plant genomics
Candidates must have completed or will be completing M. Sc. or equivalent degree (by 31 August 2014) in Life Sciences and/or in related disciplines with minimum 55% marks, and have cleared the CSIR-UGC NET exam / DBT-JRF (selected through BET/BINC) / ICMR NET exam for JRF (with a valid Junior Research Fellowship as on 1 September 2014).
The selection will be made on the basis of interview only.
Note: Reservations are valid as per statutory norms
How to Apply
Steps to Follow:
- Application should be typed on A-4 size plain paper in the given format.
- Item 3 in the format should be filled in as shown in the Senior Secondary School Certificate or equivalent.
- Each page in the typed application form should be signed by the candidate.
- Completed application must be accompanied with a crossed Demand Draft for 300/- in favor of Director, National Institute of Plant Genome Research, payable at New Delhi. A demand draft of 100/- is acceptable from SC/ST candidate provided relevant documentary proof is enclosed. The Demand Draft is not refundable.
- Application should be accompanied by attested copies of certificates and mark sheets mentioning the division obtained and Fellowship Award Letter/Admit Card.
- Two passport size recent photographs should be enclosed. One of these should be signed by the candidate and pasted on the application form, while the other should be enclosed.
- Application along with Demand Draft should be sent to "The Director, National Institute of Plant Genome Research, Aruna Asaf Ali Marg, Post Box No. 10531, New Delhi-110 067" so as to reach on or before May 26, 2014.