The latest edition of the NCERT Class 9 Maths Book Chapter 3 - Coordinate Geometry is available here in PDF format. We have provided here the latest edition of the chapter which is published on the official website of NCERT. You will also get here the link to download the best explained NCERT Solutions to find the right answers for all questions given in the chapter - Coordinate Geometry.
About Class 9 Maths Chapter 3 Coordinate Geometry
Coordinate Geometry chapter introduces the concept of locating a point in space and describing its position with reference to x-axis and y-axis.
Major topics discussed in the chapter are:
→ Introduction to Coordinate Geometry
→ Cartesian System
→ Cartesian Plane
→ Coordinate axes
→ Plotting a Point in the Plane
PDF download of the chapter can be accessed from the following link:
Some important points to revise from the chapter are:
• To locate the position of an object or a point in a plane, we require two perpendicular lines. One of them is horizontal, and the other is vertical.
• The plane is called the Cartesian, or coordinate plane and the lines are called the coordinate axes.
• The horizontal line is called the x -axis, and the vertical line is called the y - axis.
• The coordinate axes divide the plane into four parts called quadrants.
• The point of intersection of the axes is called the origin.
• The distance of a point from the y - axis is called its x-coordinate, or abscissa, and the distance of the point from the x-axis is called its y-coordinate, or ordinate.
• If the abscissa of a point is x and the ordinate is y, then (x, y) are called the coordinates of the point.
• The coordinates of a point on the x-axis are of the form (x, 0) and that of the point on the y-axis are (0, y).
• The coordinates of the origin are (0, 0).
• The coordinates of a point are of the form (+, +) in the first quadrant, (–, +) in the second quadrant, (–, –) in the third quadrant and (+, –) in the fourth quadrant, where + denotes a positive real number and – denotes a negative real number.
Also, check the NCERT Solutions for Class 9 Maths Chapter 3 from the following link: