NCERT Solutions for Class 10 Maths: Students often search for NCERT solutions that offer comprehensive and structured content to help them easily grasp fundamental concepts, boost confidence, and achieve higher scores in exams. Jagran Josh is here to cater to all your needs related to exam preparations. We bring the NCERT Solutions that are aligned with the latest curriculum and are prepared by subject experts. In this article, we have provided NCERT Solutions for Class 10 Maths in a chapter-wise PDF. Solutions for all exercise questions of Class 10 Maths NCERT Book are available here. These solutions are drafted by the subject matter experts.
Important features of the Class 10 Maths NCERT Solutions provided by Jagran Josh are:
- Apt and easy solutions infused with appropriate key-words
- Step-wise solutions prepared according to the CBSE marking scheme
- Curated and reviewed by subject matter experts
- Available in an easily downloadable format
Note: NCERT has rationalised the contents of the Class 10 Maths Book by deleting certain topics from the book. Students must keep these deleted topics in mind while referring to the NCERT Class 10 Maths Solutions provided below.
Download chapter-wise NCERT Solutions for Class 10 Maths from the following links:
CBSE Class 10 Maths Exam Pattern for 2024 Board Exam
The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) will conduct only one final exam for class 10 Maths. The board will organise the year-end board examination in Febriary-March 2024. The CBSE Class 10 Maths Exam in CBSE Board Exam 2024 will be for 80 Marks whereas 20 marks will be kept for internal assessment.
The CBSE Class 10 Maths Question Paper 2024for both basic and standard options will be set as per the following pattern:
- CBSE Class 10 Mahs Paper 2023-24 will be divided into 5 Sections A, B, C, D and E.
- Section A will be composed of 20 MCQs. Each question will be for 1 mark.
- Section B will have descriptive answer-type questions. There will be 5 questions in this section with each carrying 02 marks.
- Section C will have 6 short answer-type questions carrying 03 marks each.
- Section D will have long answer-type questions. It will have 4 questions carrying 05 marks each.
- Section E is going to have questions based on given case studies. There will be 3 case based integrated units of assessment with each question having a weightage of 4 marks. Each of these 3 questions will have sub-parts of the values of 1, 1 and 2 marks respectively.
NCERT Book for Class 10 Maths: Important Topics
There are a total of fifteen chapters in the Class 10 Maths NCERT book. Each chapter has solved and unsolved questions based on the concepts and topics explained in it. We have mentioned below the important topics covered in all 15 chapters of NCERT Class 10 Maths textbook. Also, check the NCERT Solutions for all exercises given in the book.
Class 10 Maths Chapter 1. Real Numbers
- Introduction to real numbers
- Euclid’s Division Lemma
- The Fundamental Theorem of Arithmetic
- Revisiting Irrational Numbers
- Revisiting Rational Numbers and Their Decimal Expansions
Class 10 Maths Chapter 2. Polynomials
- Introduction to Polynomials and Their Types
- Geometrical Meaning of the Zeroes of a Polynomial
- Relationship between Zeroes and Coefficients of a Polynomial
- Division Algorithm for Polynomials
Class 10 Maths Chapter 3. Pair of Linear Equations in Two Variables
- Introduction to Pair of Linear Equations in Two Variables
- Graphical Method of Solution of a Pair of Linear Equations
- Algebraic Methods of Solving a Pair of Linear Equations
- Substitution Method
- Elimination Method
- Cross-Multiplication Method
- Equations Reducible to a Pair of Linear Equations in Two Variables
Class 10 Maths Chapter 4. Quadratic Equations
- Introduction to The Concept of Quadratic Equations
- Solution of a Quadratic Equation by Factorisation
- Solution of a Quadratic Equation by Completing the Square
- Nature of Roots
Class 10 Maths Chapter 5. Arithmetic Progressions
- Introduction to Arithmetic Progressions and Various Related Terms
- nth Term of an AP
- Sum of First n Terms of an AP
Class 10 Maths Chapter 6. Triangles
- Similar Figures
- Similarity of Triangles
- Criteria for Similarity of Triangles
- Areas of Similar Triangles
- Pythagoras Theorem
Class 10 Maths Chapter 7. Coordinate Geometry
- Introduction to Coordinate Geometry
- Distance Formula
- Section Formula
- Area of a Triangle
Class 10 Maths Chapter 8. Introduction to Trigonometry
- Introduction to Trigonometry
- Trigonometric Ratios
- Trigonometric Ratios of Some Specific Angles
- Trigonometric Ratios of Complementary Angles
- Trigonometric Identities
Class 10 Maths Chapter 9. Some Applications of Trigonometry
- Calculating Heights and Distances
Class 10 Maths Chapter 10. Circles
- Tangent to a Circle
- Number of Tangents from a Point on a Circle
Class 10 Maths Chapter 11. Constructions
- Division of a Line Segment in Given Ratio
- Construction of Tangents to a Circle
Chapter 12. Areas Related to Circles
- Perimeter and Area of a Circle — A Review
- Areas of Sector and Segment of a Circle
- Areas of Combinations of Plane Figures
Class 10 Maths Chapter 13. Surface Areas and Volumes
- Surface Area of a Combination of Solids
- Volume of a Combination of Solids
- Conversion of Solid from One Shape to Another
- Frustum of a Cone
Class 10 Maths Chapter 14. Statistics
- Introduction to Terms Related to Statistics
- Mean of Grouped Data
- Mode of Grouped Data
- Median of Grouped Data
- Graphical Representation of Cumulative Frequency Distribution
Class 10 Maths Chapter 15. Probability
- Probability — A Theoretical Approach
For all the latest updates and study material for all board exams, visit jagranjosh.com/school.