Get free PDF download of the NCERT Solutions for Class 6 Civics Chapter 4 - Key Elements of a Democratic Government. This chapter explains the concept of a democratic government and explains its roles and functions. NCERT Solutions by Jagran Josh will help you easily understand the concepts involved in this chapter. You will get here solutions to all questions given at the end of chapter 4 of the latest NCERT Book for Class 6 Civics. You can easily download all the questions and answers from the link provided at the end of this article.
Check below the NCERT Solutions for Class 6 Civics Chapter 4 - Key Elements of a Democratic Government:
1. How would Maya’s life be different in South Africa today?
Maya’s life would be different in South Africa today as she would enjoy equal rights in society. Now, there is no discrimination in any sphere of life on the basis of colour. She will have access to all the basic amenities of life and equal rights to participate in the affairs of the government.
2. What are the various ways in which people participate in the process of Government?
There are multiple ways in which people participate in the process of Government. They are:
- By electing the leaders of their choice through voting.
- By taking an interest in the working of the government and by criticising it when required.
- By taking out rallies and protests.
- By participating in signature campaigns.
- By organising themselves into social movements that seek to challenge the government and its functioning. Members of the minority community, dalits, adivasis, women and others are often able to participate in this manner.
3. Why do you think we need the Government to find solutions to many disputes or conflicts?
Conflicts appear when people of different cultures, religions or regions of economic backgrounds do not get along with each other or when they are being discriminated against. Conflicts can often lead to violence and death because one group decides that it is all right to use force to prevent the other group from protesting. This leads to fear and tension among others living in an area. The government is a constitutional body that maintains law and order. It is responsible for helping to resolve such conflicts and provide a safe environment to everyone.
4. What actions does the Government take to ensure that all people are treated equally?
Various actions taken by the Government to ensure that all people are treated equally are mentioned below:
- The government ensures that the constitutional provisions are implied properly all across the country.
- It makes laws and enforces them to eradicate all sorts of discrimination.
- It makes provisions to provide equal facilities to all classes of people.
- It provides special provisions to the girls so that they can overcome the injustice that they are subjected in their families and society. To achieve this, fees for girls might be waived or lowered in government schools or colleges.
- People belonging to the lower castes are provided reservation in the field of education and in government jobs. This is done to uplift their social status.
5. Read through the chapter and discuss some of the key ideas of a democratic government. Make a list. For example, all people are equal.
Some of the key ideas of a democratic government are:
- All citizens are equal irrespective of their caste, gender, economic status and religion.
- Justice and equality are a must for all.
- People participating in any kind of discrimination practice are liable to be punished.
- Everyone has the right to vote.
- The government is responsible for the resolution of conflicts and disputes in society.
- It holds elections at regular intervals.
Download all the NCERT Solutions for Class 6 Civics Chapter 4 from the following link: