Just before the exam, National Testing Agency (NTA) issued a notice informing that as many as 86 centres have been changed for the NEET 2019 UG examination. The National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET) 2019 will be conducted in offline or pen-paper based mode on May 5, 2019. In the information bulletin, NTA instructed the candidates to follow the following dress code while appearing for the exam for NEET (UG) – 2019. Also, candidates should report at least an hour before the last reporting time i.e. 12.30 noon so that there is enough time for proper frisking without any inconvenience to the candidate while maintaining the sanctity of the examination. It is organized for students who wish to study graduate and postgraduate medical and dental courses in government or private medical colleges and dental colleges in India. Check here the complete list of barred items and dress code to follow while going to exam centre on May 5.
NEET 2019: Dress Code for male candidates
- Candidates are advised to wear half sleeve shirts/t-shirts as full sleeves are not allowed.
- Candidates are advised to wear a trouser
- Avoid wearing shoes since slippers and sandals with low heels are only permitted.
NEET 2019: Dress Code for female candidates
- Avoid clothes with embroidery, flowers, brooches or buttons. Instead, wear clothes with half-sleeves.
- In footwear, only slippers or low heel sandals are allowed
- Avoid wearing ornaments such as earrings, ring, pendants, nose ring, necklace or any kind of metallic items.
If candidates are wearing customary dress, they need to report at the allotted Examination centre latest by 12:30 p.m. on the day of examination.
NEET 2019: Barred Items List
- Any stationery item like textual material (printed or written), bits of papers, Geometry/Pencil Box, Plastic Pouch, Calculator, Pen, Scale, Writing Pad, Pen Drives, Eraser, Calculator, Log Table, Electronic Pen/Scanner etc.
- Any communication device like Mobile Phone, Bluetooth, Earphones, Microphone, Pager, Health Band etc.
- Other items like Wallet, Goggles, Handbags, Belt, Cap etc.
- Any Watch/Wrist Watch, Bracelet, Camera, etc.
- Any ornaments
- Any eatable item opened or packed, water bottle etc.
- Any other item which could be used for unfair means, by hiding communication devices like microchip, camera, Bluetooth device etc.