North Eastern Regional Institute of Science and Technology invited applications for admission in Post Graduate M. Sc, M. Tech., MBA & Ph.D. (Full Time & Part time) Programmes. The candidates eligible for the courses can apply through the prescribed format on or before 08 May 2015.
- Last Date of Application: 08 May 2015
- Written Test and Interview at NERIST and declaration of result for admission: Will be announced by the respective departments (Result will be displayed in Institute’s & Departmental Notice Boards & Institute Website
- Counseling and Admission of PG & PhD program: 27 July 2015 for selected list of MBA, M.Tech., M.Sc. & PhD. (Fixed for one day only)
- Semester Course Registration of PG & PhD program: 29 July2015 for MBA, M. Tech., M.Sc. & PhD (FT/PT 1st semester). (Fixed for one day only)
- Commencement of Classes: 30 July 2015 for PG & PhD (FT & PT) courses
Details of Course:
Name of the Courses:
- M.Sc. in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics
- M.Sc. in Forestry
- M. Tech. programmes
- Ph.D. (Full Time & Part Time)
- M.Sc. in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics: B. Sc in concerned discipline with 55% marks in aggregate for pass course and 50% in major/honors’.
- M.Sc. in Forestry: 04 years B.Sc. in Forestry with 60% marks in aggregate or CGPA 3.25 on a 5.00 point scale.
- MBA: Bachelor Degree in any discipline from recognized University with 55% marks in aggregate. CAT/MAT qualified candidates will be exempted from the written test only.
- M. Tech. programmes: Candidates must have at least 60% marks in aggregate or CGPA of 3.25 in 5.00 point scale with valid GATE score. Candidates without GATE score will also be considered, subject to availability of seats.
- Ph.D. (Full Time & Part Time): Candidates having Master’s Degree in Engineering/Technology with 60% marks in aggregate or CGPA 3.25 on 5.00 point scale and 55% marks in aggregate in Science/Humanities for General category. 5% marks relaxation will be given to SC/ST/PWD category in both the cases. The admission to the Ph.D. programme will be based on the basis of their performance in the written test and/or interview conducted by the concerned department/center. Applicants, who wish to pursue Ph.D. while in employment /service, need to submit NOC from their employer along with the application form. NET/GATE score is not essential. However, those with NET (for JRF/GATE) will be eligible for scholarship subject to availability of fund sanctioned by Govt. of India.
Disciplines for admission in M. tech Program:
- M.Tech. in Farm Machinery & Power: B.E./B. Tech/AMIE in Agricultural Engineering.
- M. Tech. in Soil & Water Conservation: B.E./B. Tech/AMIE in Agricultural Engineering.
- M.Tech. in Environmental Science & Engineering: B. Tech. or equivalent degree in Civil Engineering.
- M.Tech. in Geotechnical Engineering: B. Tech. or equivalent degree in Civil Engineering.
- M.Tech. in Computer Science & Engineering: B.E./B. Tech or equivalent degree in Computer Science & Engineering.
- M.Tech. in Information Technology: B.E. /B. Tech or equivalent degree in IT. However, candidates with degree in Computer Science & Engineering/Electronics & Communication eng. and Electrical Eng may also apply.
- M. Tech. in Power System Engineering: B.E. /B. Tech. or equivalent degree in Electrical/Electrical & Electronics Engineering/Power System Engineering.
- M. Tech. in VLSI: B.E. /B. Tech in Electronics and Communication Engg./Electrical & Electronics Engineering
How to Apply:
Eligible candidates can apply for the admission through the prescribed format on or before 08 May 2015.