National Institute of Technology Calicut, Kerala invited application for recruitment to the post of Assistant Professor in various departments against the backlog reserved vacancies for Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribe (ST), Other Backward Communities (OBC) and Persons with Disabilities (PWDs) and also under open merit quota. Eligible candidates can send applications in the prescribed format on or before 29 November 2013. NITC was set up in 1961 as Regional Engineering College Calicut (CREC). It is one of the National Institutes of Technology established by the Government of India for imparting high standard technical education to students from all over the country. The college is among the very few institutions in the country to host a Supercomputer of its own.
Last Date for receipt of Application form: 29 November 2013
Details of Post
Names of the Post: Assistant Professor
- Backlog reserved vacancies: 27
- Open Quota vacancies: 10
Total No. of Vacancies: 37
- Maximum age of the candidate should be 40 years as on 1 October 2013 for Backlog reserved vacancies.
- Maximum age of the candidate should be 35 years as on 1 October 2013 for Open Quota vacancies
- Candidates must possess Ph.D. in relevant area of specialization in the respective disciplines with consistent excellent academic record.
- Candidates should have passed both Bachelors and Masters Degree through regular program with minimum 60% marks (55% marks for SC/ST candidates).
Pay Scale: Rs. 15600 to 39100 + AGP- Rs. 6,000, PB-III
Candidates will be selected on the basis of personal Interview. Shortlisted candidates residing in India will have to appear for an interview in person and candidates stationed abroad may appear through video conferencing on the date and time fixed for the interview. All candidates will be paid to and fro sleeper class train fare from the railway station nearest to the residence of the candidate in India on production of tickets for interview.
How to apply
- Candidates are required to apply in the prescribed format.
- The application complete in all respects along with self attested copies of Certificates in proof of age, qualification, experience etc and two recent passport size photographs should reach to The Registrar, NIT Calicut, NIT Campus P.O., Calicut, Kerala -673 601 on or before 29 November 2013 by speed/ registered post.
- The envelope should be super scribed with the words ‘Application for faculty position in NIT Calicut’.