National Thermal Power Corporation Limited invited application for recruitment to the post of Executive Trainee in different discipline including Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering. The candidates eligible for the post can apply through prescribed format before 18 January 2014. The candidates are selected on the basis of the scores attained in the GATE 2014. NTPC was set up in 1975 to accelerate power development in India. It is emerging as an ‘Integrated Power Major’, with a significant presence in the entire value chain of power generation business. NTPC ranked 337 in the ‘2012, Forbes Global 2000’ ranking of the World’s biggest companies. NTPC's core business is engineering, construction and operation of power generating plants and providing consultancy to power utilities in India and abroad.
• Opening date for online application of GATE-2014: 2 September 2013
• Closing date for online application of GATE-2014: 1 October 2013
• Opening date for Online Registration of application by candidates in NTPC: 20 December 2013
• Closing date for online registration of application by candidates in NTPC: 18 January 2014
Name of the Post: Engineering Executive Trainee
Name of Branches:
• Electrical Engineering
• Mechanical Engineering
• Civil Engineering
• Instrumentation Engineering
• Electronics Engineering
• Candidate’s maximum age should be 27 yrs. as on 18 January 2014.
• Age relaxation is as per the government rules.
• Candidate should have Full time Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Technology/AMIE with at least 65% marks in Various Disciplines.
• Final year/semester students are also eligible however they have to obtain at least 65% marks in their engineering degree.
• Candidate belonging to General/OBC category is required to pay a non-refundable registration fee of Rs. 150/-. State Bank of India has been authorized to collect the registration fee, in a specially opened account (No. 30987919993) at CAG branch, New Delhi, on behalf of NTPC.
• The SC / ST / PWD category candidate need not pay the registration fee.
• Rs. 24900-3%-50500 at the basic pay of Rs. 24900/- during one-year training.
• After successful completion of training Rs. 24900-3%-50500 at a basic pay of Rs. 25650/-.
Candidates will be selected on the basis of their performance in written test followed by group discussion and personal interview.
How to Apply
• For detailed information on GATE-2014, interested candidates may log on to www.gate.iitkgp.ac.in/gate2014 or on the websites of other IITs and Indian Institute of Science (IISc), Bangalore.
• Candidates need to apply Online for GATE as per the information provided on the websites.
• They should wait for the admit card to get the GATE registration number. The candidates will receive their GATE-2014 Registration Number printed on their admit card.
• On receipt of GATE registration number, the candidates need to apply On-line for NTPC ET-2014 on the website www.ntpccareers.net from 20 December 2013 to 18 January 2014.
• After successful registration, system will generate a Unique Application Number. Candidates are required to keep the printout of the Application slip which will be generated by the system after successful registration.