Odisha Staff Selection Commission Notified Recruitment for 26 Posts of Sub Inspector Excise 2013
Odisha Staff Selection Commission invites online applications from Indian Citizens, suitable and eligible candidates for filling up the post of Sub Inspector Excise.
Odisha Staff Selection Commission invites online applications from Indian Citizens, suitable and eligible candidates for filling up the post of Sub Inspector Excise. Appointment will be purely on Contractual Basis under the Excise Department, Odisha. The Odisha Staff Selection Commission (OSSC) was set up by Govt. of Odisha as a statutory body in the year 1994 for carrying out direct recruitment against Group-C posts in the State cadre (as against District cadre) as may be scheduled in the OSSC Rules, 1993.
- Last Date of Submission of Online Applications : 16 January 2014.
Details of Posts
Name of the Post : Sub Inspector Excise
No. of Posts : 26 (Twenty Six). [13 – UR, 04 – SC, 06 – ST and 03 – SEBC (Socially and Educationally Backward Class)].
Note : 08 Posts/ Vacancies out of 26 Posts are reserved for Women. [04 – UR, 01 – SC, 02 – ST and 01 – SEBC]. And 01 (One) Post reserved for Ex- serviceman.
The candidates must have passed Graduation in any discipline from any recognised University.
In order to be eligible for appearing in the examination a candidate must satisfy the following conditions :
- The Person with Disability (PWD) in any form are not eligible for the post.
- The candidate must be the citizen of India.
- Shall posses requisite qualification (educational and age eligibility).
- Candidate can be able to read, write and speak Odia Language
(i)Passed Middle School Examination with Odia as a Language subject.
(ii)Passed Matriculation or equivalent examination with Odia as medium of examination in non - Language subject.
(iii)Other detailed criteria is available on the website.
Age Limit & Relaxation
- The Age Limit for the candidate is 21 years to 32 years as on 01.01.2013.
- The Upper Age Limit is relaxable by 05 years for candidates belonging to SC/ ST/ SEBC/ Women category.
- Age Relaxation for Ex- Serviceman by the total period of service rendered in Defence Forces.
- SEBC candidates are required to submit a copy of latest SEBC Certificate recently issued not before six months by Competent Authority.
Remuneration/ Pay Scale
In the Pay Scale of Rs. 5,200 – Rs. 20,200/- plus Grade Pay of Rs. 2,800/-.
- Fee payble for Unreserved and OBC Category candidates is Rs. 300/-.
- Fee payble for SC and ST Category candidates is Rs. 75/-.
- No Fee for PWD and Woman candidates.
- The candidate has to make the fee payment through Demand Draft in favour of ESI Fund Account No. 1
Plan of Examination
- Preliminary Examination.
- Main Written Examination.
- Measurement of Physical Standard and Physical Test.
- Viva – voce Test.
- Online Application Form will be available from 17 December 2013 till 16 January 2014 by 11.59 AM.
- Candidates can apply online for the above said post by using the Commission website www.odishassc.in.
The candidates will be selected on the basis of performance in Preliminary Test/ Written Test/ Trade Test/ Interviews, which is conducted by the administration.