Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education & Research invited application for recruitment to the post of Senior Residents and Jr. / Sr. Demonstrator. The candidates eligible for the post can apply through prescribed format before 31 May 2013. PGIMER established in 1962, was declared as an “Institute of National Importance” by an act 1st of parliament on 1 April 1967 when the administrative control was passed on to an autonomous body. The Institute endeavors to provide the best health care, teaching, and research facilities in all branches of medicine, surgery, and public health.
Name of the Post
A. Senior Residents:
1. Anaesthesia: 21 Posts
2. Anaesthesia ACC: 01 Post
3. Biochemistry: 01 Post
4. Community Medicine: 02 Posts
5. Dentistry (Orthodontics): 01Post
a. Dentistry (Oral Surgery): 01 Post
b. Dentistry (Conservative Dental & Endodontics): 01Post
6. Dermatology: 02Posts
7. Gastroenterology: 02 Posts
8. Paed Gastroenterology: 01 Post
9. General Surgery: 08 Posts
10. Hospital Administration: 02 Posts
11. Internal Medicine: 14 Posts
12. Microbiology (Including one post of Parasitology): 03 Posts
13. Nuclear Medicine: 01 Post
14. Obst. & Gynae: 08 Posts
15. Ophthalmology: 03 Posts
16. Orthopaedics: 08 Posts
17. Otolaryngology (ENT): 01 Post
18. Pathology: 04 Posts
19. Paediatrics: 06Posts
20. Pharmacology: 02Posts
21. Physical & Rehabilitation Medicine: 01 Post
22. Psychiatry: 07 Posts
23. Radio diagnosis: 07 Posts
24. Radiotherapy: 02 Posts
25. Renal Transplant Surgery: 05 Posts
26. Transfusion Medicine: 02 Posts
27. Senior Medical Officer (Casualty in Emergency): 01 Post
B. Jr/ Sr. Demonstrator
28. Biochemistry (Medical/Non-Medical): 01 Post
29. Biophysics (Non-Medical): 01Post
30. Pharmacology (Non-Medical): 01Post
31. Sr. Demonstrator, Community Medicine (Health Economics) (Non-Medical): 01 Post
Total No. of Vacancies: 122
Maximum age limit is 33 years (relaxable by 5 years for the post reserved for SC/ST and 3 years for post reserved for OBC) except for the post of Hospital Administration for which the age limit is 36 years (relaxable by 5 years for SC/ST and 3 years for OBC).
For all posts except Dentistry-(a) A medical qualification included in the first or second schedule or Part-II of the third schedule to the Indian Medical Council Act, 1956 (person possessing qualifications included in Part-II of the third schedule should also fulfill the conditions specified in Section 13 (3) of the Act).
(b) Must be registered with the Central/State Medical Council
(c) A Postgraduate degree in the specialty concerned or its equivalent.
For Dentistry: (a) A recognized Dental qualification included in the Part-I or Part-III of the schedule to the Dentist act, 1948 (person possessing qualifications included in Part-I or specified in the sub-section (1) and (2) or (4) of section 10 of the Dentist Act. 1948)
(b) Must be registered with Dental Council of India
(c) A Postgraduate qualification viz MDS in the speciality concerned.
For Sr. Demonstrator (i) M.Sc in the subject concerned (ii) Ph.D in the subject concerned/allied subject
For Jr. Demonstrator (i) M.Sc in the subject concerned
For Biochemistry (Medical) – MD (Biochemistry)
For Community Medicine
Senior Demonstrator (Health Economics) – M.A. /M.Sc in Health Economics or MPH and Ph.D.
Senior Demonstrator (Environmental Health) – M.A. or M.Sc in Environment Sciences/ MPH and Ph.D
Senior Demonstrator (Nutrition) – M.A. /M.Sc in Nutrition or Applied Nutrition/MPH and Ph.D
Senior Medical officer (Casualty/Emergency):(a) and (b) same as for the post of Sr. Resident. (c) Postgraduate qualification is MD/MS (Medicine/surgery)
Candidate’s selection will be done on the basis of Written Exam, Departmental Assessment and interview.
How to Apply