Indian Institute of Science Education and Research (IISER) Mohali is one of the premier institutes in the area of science education & research and was established by Ministry of HRD, GoI in 2007. The institute invited applications from the eligible aspirants for admission to PhD programme in Humanities and Social Sciences for session commencing in August 2013.
Name of Programme
PhD Humanities and Social Sciences
Specialization in Areas: Architecture, Disaster Relief, Gender Studies, History, Human Geography, Social Theory & Urban Studies, English Literature and Philosophy
Deadline for online application: 15 April 2013
- Candidates must possess MA/ MS/ MPhil/ BTech/ BArch or equivalent degree in any subject with at least 60% marks (or equivalent grade points).
- Moreover, the applicants must have qualified one of the national level examinations such as UGC NET, GATE.
Applications will initially be screened by the selection committee. Shortlisted candidates will be called to appear in research aptitude test and interview at the institute’s campus.
How to Apply
- Intended candidates must apply with detailed Resume.
- Besides resume, applicants are required to send one page Statement of Purpose briefing research interests and past experiences, graduation transcripts and percentile in national level tests like UGC NET, GATE.
- In addition to these, admission seekers must also give Names and contact details of 3 references.
- Aspirants should send the above mentioned documents through email to Dr. Anu Sabhlok at email@example.com
To get more information, please visit the official website of the institute http://www.iisermohali.ac.in/