The foundation of Raman Research Institute (RRI) was laid down by the Indian physicist and Nobel Laureate, Sir C V Raman in 1946 to continue his studies and basic research after he retired from the Indian Institute of Science. The institute gained recognition in the research activities all over the nation. It invited applications from interested and eligible candidates for the admission to PhD programmes in Physics/ Chemistry.
Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) - Physics
Doctor of Philosophy (PhD)- Chemistry
- Online submission of application begins: 1 January 2013
- Deadline for requesting the printed application forms: 15 March 2013
- Due date to receive the completed application forms (both online and hardcopy submission): 31 March 2013
- Date of JEST 2013 (for Physics): 17 February 2013 (10 am to 1 pm)
- Call letters for written test and interview (for Chemistry) sent: Mid- April 2013
- Written Test and Interview (for Chemistry) scheduled: Mid June 2013
- Applicants should possess M Sc degree in Physics or Chemistry with at least 60% marks.
- Besides this, candidates having first class B E/B Tech degree in Engineering can also apply
- Moreover, Students appearing in final year degree examination are also eligible to apply
Applicants will be selected on the basis of their performance in Joint Entrance Screening Test 2013 (JEST-2013) followed by an interview.
Candidates qualified in CSIR-NET for JRF or with good score in GATE or in Advanced GRE (in the relevant subject) will also be considered. Such aspirants are required to apply directly to RRI
Aspirants will be selected on the basis of a written test and interviews to be conducted at the institute in the month of June.
Scholarships/ Financial Assistance
Selected candidates will receive the following financial assistance from the institute:
- Rs 16000/- per month- scholarship for the first two years
- Rs 18000/- per month- scholarship for the next three years
- Rs 5000 per annum- Book grant for four years
- Hostel Accommodation (if available) or 30% % of the stipend as House Rent Allowance in lieu of hostel accommodation
How to Apply
- Aspirants should apply through the website of the University
- Candidates facing difficulty to apply online can write requisition letter for the issue of application form and send it with a self addressed enveloped (25 x 20 cm) to the undersigned
Raman Research Institute
CV Raman Avenue
For more queries, please visit www.rri.res.in