There are many students who think its better to concentrate on board exams in class 12th and to prepare for competition exams after class 12th for one year by taking coaching from reputed institute or sometimes students prepare for both board exam and competitive exams but due to some circumstances their performance is not satisfactory. So, they drop one year to prepare well for next year JEE . So, let’s go through the problems faced by the students in the dropping a year:
- First the dropper has to convince his parents to take this big decision of dropping a year.
- The expectations of parents increases which sometimes lead to depression.
- The main difficulty is that dropper has to go through the 2 years(class 11th and 12th) syllabus in a span of time of less than one year, for that they really have to work hard.
- It needs courage as they have to revisit those topics again which sometimes leads to frustration.
- In JEE you are going to compete with lakhs of students and it is considered to be the one of toughest examination and droppers have double pressure to perform well which leads to increase the level of stress.
- Sometimes, after going through the same topics for the third year(11th, 12th & drop year), lack of interest arises and leads to monotonous schedule.
There are pros and cons to everything. Problems may come in dropping one year but that does not mean it is impossible and very much difficult to crack JEE. We have discussed about the problems, now we will discuss the advantages of dropping a year for JEE preparation:
- In this attempt, droppers just have to concentrate on preparation for JEE, no worries about preparation for board exams.
- This time they don’t have to devote daily hours in school, so they will get enough time for preparation which will approximately be equal to those previous 2 years.
- As we discussed above that after going through the same topics lack of interest arises but it is actually an advantage that their grip on that syllabus becomes strong after going through.
To understand time is not an easy going thing. We don’t know how the next year shapes for us. It might be the year of motivation and you achieve what you dreamt of or might be a year of discouragement.
It is being truly said desire does nothing, but the determination to fulfill that desire does everything.
- Droppers should make best utilization of their time by proper management.
- Along with right time to study, time management also refers to the selection of the right topic to study. Prioritising and selecting which concepts need how much time is also part of right time management.
- Coaching classes help JEE students by providing a competitive environment of likeminded and talented people. So, its always a better option to join some reputed coaching classes.
- They should try to be calm and cool and should try to give time to clarify your doubts, doubts should not be buried.
- Focus on the concepts; it will really help a lot.
Future belongs to those who believe in the power of their dreams and with that belief they have perseverance to achieve it!!
How to Start Preparation for JEE 2018 from Class 12th?
5 things you can do after completing your graduation in engineering