Q: How I will be benefitted after clearing ARS Examination to be held in 2013? What are the norms of the recruitment?
A: You have to go through three separate tests for ARS Examination- Prelims, Mains and Viva Voce to be conducted by ASRB to be appointed as Scientists under ARS. If you clear all three exams, then you will be entitled the following purposes:
- You will be recruited as Scientist in the Service on probation for a period of two years which can be extended on the recommendation of the Board.
- On selection, you have to undergo a rigorous course of study and training for a prescribed time span.
- After completing the specified training effectively, you can be posted in any part of India as per the Research priorities requirements of the Council. You cannot seek transfer for initial five years of posting as you will be bound to serve at the first place of posting minimum for a period of five years.
- Initially, you will be a trainee and will have to sign a bond to serve the Council (ICAR) for at least 4 years of time span from the date of recruitment including the period of training. If any trainee will fail to serve ICAR for the predetermined period, he/she will liable to refund the Council an amount of Rs 1,25,000.
- If you are found to be blameworthy of ill conduct while training, you will be discharged even prior to conclusion of training period. In such case, you shall have to refund the entire amount of remuneration paid to you by ICAR during training period.
- In any condition, your work on probation period found to be inadequate or unsatisfactory, the Council can discharge you immediately. ICAR can also discharge you, if found unfit for the permanent recruitment after completion of the period of probation or extension.
- Council will determine the terms and conditions of service, TA, leave, pension and PF etc for the incumbent.
- You will be liable to be posted anywhere in India or overseas.
- PhD/ MPhil degree holders or the candidates have been permitted certificate of admissibility to the award of the mentioned research degree prior to join ARS-2010 shall be granted 5/2 extra increments while producing the required documents and testimonials on appointment.