Punjab National Bank commenced its operations in 1895 from Lahore, with an authorised total capital of Rs 2 lakh and working capital of Rs 20,000. It has more than 5000 offices including 5 overseas branches. The bank has its Corporate Office in New Delhi and supervises 65 Circle Offices under which the branches function.
The bank invites application for recruitment to the post of Specialist Officer from Indian citizens across various domains.
Name of the Post & Number of Vacancies in Punjab National Bank
Specialist Officer: 740 vacancies in the following domains
- Senior Manager (Law) MMG Scale III: 1 vacancy
- Manager (Credit) MMG Scale II: 600 vacancies
- Manager (Security): 18 vacancies
- Officer (Librarian) JMG Scale I: 1 vacancy
- Fire Officers JMG Scale I: 11 vacancies
- Officer (Printing Technologist) JMG Scale I: 1 vacancy
- Officer (Data Analyst) JMG Scale I: 2 vacancies
- Officer (IT) JMG Scale I: 35 vacancies
- Officer (HRD) JMG Scale I: 20 vacancies
10. Hindi Officers: : 11 vacancies
Important Dates for Recruitment in Punjab National Bank
- Opening date for online registration/ payment of application fee: 1 August 2012
- Closing date for online registration/ payment of application fee: 17 August 2012
- Date for downloading call letter for written test: 1 October 2012
- Date for Written Test: 14 October 2012
Selection Procedure for Recruitment in Punjab National Bank: Selection for the post of Specialist Officer (post codes 1 to 7) will be through written test (which may be conducted on-line/ off-line) and/or interview. Selection for post codes 08 & 09 will be through CWE conducted by IBPS and/or interview. Selection for post code 10 will be through CWE conducted by IBPS and/or interview and Group Discussion.
The Written Test will tentatively be held at Ahmadabad, Bengaluru, Bhubaneshwar, Bhopal, Chennai, Chandigarh, Delhi, Guwahati, Hyderabad, Jammu, Jaipur, Kolkata, Lucknow, Mumbai, Patna centres.
How to Apply for Recruitment in Punjab National Bank: Candidates need to apply online on the Punjab National bank’s website
Application Fee: Fee for SC/ ST/ PWD/ candidates is Rs 50 (for post code 1 to 7) and Rs 20 (for post code 8 to 10). Fee for other category students is Rs 400 (for post code 1 to 7) and Rs 100 (for post code 8 to 10).
The payment need to be paid in the form of cash through Cash Voucher. The voucher be filled up and thereafter be presented at any Branch of PNB, along with the application fee. The following details must be entered into both copies of the voucher: (i) Candidate’s Name (ii) Candidate’s Category (iii) Name & Code Number of the branch selected for payment (iv) Date of Payment and (v) Fee to be paid. After payment, the candidate must ensure that the transaction ID generated is entered into the voucher. The candidate’s copy of the voucher will then be handed over to him/her.
For more information, please CLICK HERE