Rail Coach Factory Notified Recruitment against Scouts & Guides Quota posts 2013
Rail Coach Factory invited application for recruitment against Scouts & Guides Quota (Group C) and Scouts & Guides Quota (Group D) (Erstwhile) for the year 2013-14
Rail Coach Factory invited application for recruitment against Scouts & Guides Quota (Group C) and Scouts & Guides Quota (Group D) (Erstwhile) for the year 2013-14. The candidates eligible for the post can apply through prescribed format before 9 September 2013. Established in 1986, the Rail Coach Factory (RCF) is the second coach manufacturing unit of Indian Railways. Its foundation stone was laid by the then Prime Minister of India Mr. Rajiv Gandhi.
It is located 4-5 km away from Kapurthala and some of its area touches Hussainpur which is a small town. It has manufactured around more than 25,000 passenger coaches of 51 different types including self propelled passenger vehicles.
Last Date for Receipt of Application: 9 September 2013
Name of the Post:
- Group C (Scouts & Guides Quota): 1 Post
- Group D (Scouts & Guides Quota): 2 Posts
Total no. of Posts: 3
- Group C (Scouts & Guides Quota): Candidate age should be between 18 years -30 years as on 1 January 2014.
- Group D (Scouts & Guides Quota): Candidate age should be between 18 years -33 years as on 1 January 2014.
- Age relaxation will be applicable as per the rules.
- Group C (Scouts & Guides Quota): Matriculation examination or equivalent. Candidate with ITI/Act apprenticeship in Gen. Fitter/Welding/Electrical Trade will be given preference.
- Group D (Scouts & Guides Quota): Class 10th or ITI or equivalent
Scouts & Guides Qualification:
- The candidate should be a president’s Scout / Ranger Guide / Rover or Himalayan Wood Badge Holder or a Pre – HWB Trained scout leader/Advanced Trained Guide/Leader/Captain
- The candidate should have been an active member of Scouts Organization for at least 03 years in the recent past and should continue to be active.
- The candidate should have attended at least one event at National Level and one or two events at State Level. OR Should have a good record of participation in Scouts/Guides activities at Unit/District Level.
- A certificate from the District Commissioner giving details of activities in which participated the last 3 years in the district should be attached as per profoma.
- Unreserved and OBC candidate need to pay an application fee of Rs. 40/- in the form of crossed Indian Postal Order (IPO) /Demand Draft drawn in favour of FA&CAO/Rail Coach Factory, Kapurthala.
- SC/ST/EXSM/PWD /Wome /Minority candidates/Economically Backward Classes are exempted from payment of fee.
- Group C (Scouts & Guides Quota): Rs.5200-20200 + grade pay Rs. 1900/-
- Group D (Scouts & Guides Quota): Rs.5200-20200 + grade pay Rs. 1800/-
Candidates will be selected on the basis of Written Test, Scout & Guide Qualification over and above the minimum prescribed eligibility condition and Personality Test/Interview.
How to Apply
- Application in prescribed format on A-4 size good quality paper may be downloaded from the official website www.rcf.indianrailways.govt.in may be typed neat & clean one side.
- Application is to be filled up by the candidates himself in his/her own handwriting and must signed affixing a passport size photograph with clear face on the space provided and one should be attached duly attested.
- Candidate should attach the attested photocopies of Educational and Sports achievements certificates.
- The candidate should superscribe the envelope as "Recruitment against Scouts & Guides Quota (Group C) or Scouts & Guides Quota (Group D) (Erstwhile)".
- The candidate can submit the application to the address given below before 9 September 2013.
General Manager (Personnel),
Rail Coach Factory Kapurthala- 144602