Indian Institute of Geomagnetism is an autonomous scientific research organization under the Department of Science and Technology, Government of India. The organization invited applications from interested and eligible candidates for the recruitment to two posts of Fellow.
Name of the Post and Number of Vacancies
Fellow: 2 (UR)
Important Date and Time
- Last Date to receive filled-in application form: 12 February 2013
- Qualification/ Experience: Aspirants must possess Master's degree in Physics/Geophysics/ Mathematics from any recognized University/ institute with at least 60% marks. Preference shall be given to applicants having PHD in Geomagnetism or Allied fields or have 3 years research experience in these fields in a reputed Research Laboratory/Institute/University.
- Desirable: Candidates having research experience in one or more of the below mentioned areas is desirable:
(i) Geophysical Techniques
(ii) Numerical Analysis and Mathematical Modeling
(iii) Space Physics
(iv) Plasma Physics
- Age limit: Applicants should not be more than 35 years old.
Candidates may be selected on the basis of their performance in the interview held by the organization after screening the candidates’ profile at Head Quarters, Navi Mumbai.
Pay Scale: Rs 5400 Grade Pay; Rs 15600- 39100
Application Fee and Mode of Payment
The application fee is Rs 100 and can be paid through crossed Demand Draft drawn in favour of Indian Institute of Geomagnetism, New Panvel. No application fee for SC/ ST category applicants.
How to Apply
- Candidates can download the application form available at the website of the organization www.iigm.res.in
- Besides this, the application form can also be attained by sending an application along with the requisite application fee and a self-addressed stamped envelope of Rs 10/- superscribing “Request for Application Form” by post to the office.
- Moreover, aspirants can get the application form from the office of Registrar by paying the specified fee through demand draft in person on working days.
- Applicants are required to fill the application form and send the application form along with the required fee to the following address so as to reach on or before the deadline:
Indian Institute of Geomagnetism
Plot No 5, Sector 18
Kalamboli Highway, New Panvel
Navi Mumbai 410 218
To seek further details, please CLICK HERE