The State Bank of India was constituted on 1 July 1955. Arguably the most respected banks in the country, Associate Banks of SBI have invited applications from Indian citizens for the post of Probationary Officers.
Name of the post: Probationary Officer
Name of the Bank
- State Bank of Bikaner and Jaipur (SBBJ)
- State Bank of Hyderabad (SBH)
- State Bank of Mysore (SBM)
- State Bank of Patiala (SBP)
- State Bank of Travancore (SBT)
Total Number of Vacancies: 4987 seats (SBBJ 1000, SBH 1416, SBM 843, SBP 1328, and SBT 400).
Age Limit: 21 years of age (min) and 30 years of age (max) as on 1 June 2011
Important Dates for Recruitment of Probationary Officer in Associate Banks of SBI
- Opening date for online registration: 4 June 2011
- Last date for receipt of online registration: 25 June 2011
- Date of written examination: 7 August 2011 (Sunday)
- Application fee and postage can be deposited from- 2 June 2011 to 23 June 2011
- Last date to receive call letters: 1 August 2011
Educational qualification: Graduation in any discipline from a recognised University or college.
Pay scale: Selected candidates will draw a starting basic pay of Rs 14,500. At present, initial monthly emoluments of Probationary Officers, including DA, HRA, and CCA are approximately Rs 23,520/- at Metropolitan centres.
Probation Period: The candidates will be on probation for a period of two years.
Application Fee: The application fee for SC/ST/PWD is Rs 50 and fee for General/other category candidate is Rs 500.
Selection Procedure for Recruitment of Probationary Officer in Associate Banks of SBI
Candidates will need to clear this exam in two phases which will consist of the tests mentioned below (Combined duration- 3 hrs).
Phase- I: This phase of written examination will consist of two tests- objective and descriptive type of 250 marks.
The Objective Type Test will be of 2 hrs duration and the maximum marks allotted for the same is 200. It will consist of the tests mentioned below.
1. Test of English Language (Grammar, Vocabulary, Comprehension etc.) (50 marks)
2. Test of General Awareness, Marketing & Computers (50 marks)
3. Test of Data Analysis & Interpretation (50 marks)
4. Test of Reasoning (High Level) (50 marks)
The second test of the phase-I exam is Descriptive Type Test which will be of 1 hour duration (maximum marks-50). The test will be of “Test of English Language (Comprehension, short precis, letter writing & essay)". The test will be evaluated for those candidates who are adequately high in percentile ranking in each of all the four objective tests (40% overall aggregate for General category and 35% for SC/ST/OBC/PWD category).
The qualifying percentage of marks for descriptive test will also be 40% for General category and 35% for SC/ST/OBC/PWD.
The final merit list of written examination will be based on the aggregate of the marks obtained by the candidates in Objective and Descriptive tests.
Phase-II: Group Discussion and Interview- A merit list of candidates who will qualify written exam will be made in descending order and will be called for group discussion (20 marks) and Interview (30 marks).
Final selection: The final selection will be made from the top merit ranked candidates who qualify both Phase-I and Phase-II exam separately.
How to apply for Recruitment of Probationary Officer in Associate Banks of SBI
- The candidates can apply online through the bank’s website- http://www.statebankofindia.com/. Click recruitment on the left hand side of the home page.
- Download cash voucher on the bank’s website for the payment of application fee. The application fee and postage can be submitted at any SBI branch and get the receipt. This fee receipt needs to be produced at the time of written examination.
- They should have a scanned copy of their photograph (200*300 pixels, not more than 50kb) and signature (140*60 pixels, 20kb).
- They should have a valid email id.
- The candidates should fill the application form online. Once submitted a registration number and password will be generated by the system. Please note the registration number and password for future use.
- Take a printout of the system generated application form immediately
CLICK TO APPLY ONLINE
ADVERTISEMENT NO: CRPD/PO/AB/2011-12/02