IISCO Steel Plant, a unit of SAIL invited online application for recruitment to the post of Operator-cum-Technician (Trainee) and Attendant –cum-Technician (Trainee).The candidates eligible for the post can apply online on or before 14 November 2013. SAIL is the leading steel-making company in India. It is a fully integrated iron and steel maker, producing both basic and special steels for domestic construction, engineering, power, railway, automotive and defence industries and for sale in export markets. SAIL is also among the four Maharatnas of the country's Central Public Sector Enterprises.
- Opening date for Online Application Forms: 15 October 2013
- Closing date for Online Application Forms: 14 November 2013
Details of Post
Operator cum Technician Trainee
- Ceramics: 8 Posts
- Chemical: 8 Posts
- Computer Science: 7 Posts
- Electrical: 74 Posts
- Electronics: 12 Posts
- Instrumentation: 15 Posts
- Mechanical: 60 Posts
- Metallurgy: 80 Posts
Attendant cum Technician Trainee
- Electronics Mechanic: 12 Posts
- Electrician: 105 Posts
- Fitter: 105 Posts
- Instrument Mechanics: 20 Posts
- Machinist: 16 Posts
- Turner: 16 Posts
- Turbine Attendant: 12 Posts
Total no. of Vacancies - 550 posts
- Candidate’s age limit is 18 to 28 years as on 1 October 2013.
- Relaxation is applicable as per the rules.
- Operator cum Technician Trainee: 10th class passed with 3 years full time Diploma in engineering in Mechanical or Electrical or Electronics or Metallurgy or Chemical or Ceramics or Computer Science and Instrumentation discipline from Govt. Recognized Institute.
- Attendant cum Technician Trainee: 10th class passed and ITI (full time) in Electronic Mechanic or Electrician or Fitter or Instrument Mechanic or Machinist or Turner or Turbine Attendant trades from Govt. Recognised Institute.
- Candidates belonging to General/OBC category will be required to pay application fee of Rs.250/- for the post of Operator-cum Technician (Trainee) and Rs.150/- for the post of Attendant-cum- Technician (Trainee).
- Candidates belonging to SC/ST category will be required to pay processing fee of Rs.50/- for the post of Operator-cum-Technician (Trainee) / Attendant cum-Technician (Trainee).
- For Operator-cum-Technician (Trainee): Rs. 9160 – 3% – 13150.
- For Attendant-cum-Technician (Trainee): Rs. 8630 – 3% – 12080.
Eligible candidates will be selected on the basis of written exam followed by Personal Interview.
How to Apply
- All eligible and interested candidates may apply for the post via ONLINE MODE from official website www.sail.co.in before 14 November 2013.
- No other means/ mode of application shall be accepted.