Science Current Affairs Quiz test the participant’s knowledge on latest discoveries, technological advancements made and in the process further enhances an individual’s knowledge base. The quizzes also cover the Environment-Ecology segment. Number of questions is asked from this segment in the competitive exams. Science Current Affairs quiz for April 2011 will help you in the preparation for NDA, CDS, Bank PO, MBA, NABARD, RBI, Railway, SSC, Civil Services and other Exams.
1. India's Polar Satellite Launch Vehicle (PSLV) on 20 April 2011 launched India's remote sensing satellite Resourcesat-2 from the spaceport of Sriharikota. In which one of the following states Sri Harikota is located?
a) Andhra Pradesh
Answer: (a) Andhra Pradesh
2. British Scientists in the third week of April 2011, at the University of Leicester produced an injectible antibody that reduces the damaging effect of heart and the brain attack on human body by more than___.
a) 45 percent
b) 50 percent
c) 55 percent
d) 60 percent
3. The US military successfully conducted its most challenging test of a ballistic missile defense system. Consider the following statements regarding that.
i) It will deploy in Europe to counter an Iran missile threat.
ii) It was the ballistic missile target launched from an atoll in the Marshall Islands approximately 3,700 kilometers southwest of Hawaii.
iii) The ground- and sea-based defense system is meant to shield the United States and its European allies from a potential ballistic missile attack, possibly from North Korea or Iran.
Choose the right option:
a) All i, ii and iii are correct.
b) Only i and ii are correct.
c) Only ii and iii are correct.
d) Only i and iii are correct.
4. India's Polar Satellite Launch Vehicle (PSLV) on 20 April 2011 launched India's remote sensing satellite Resourcesat-2 from the spaceport of Sriharikota.
Which of the following statements is/are correct?
i) India's Polar Satellite Launch Vehicle- C16 placed 3 satellites
ii) It placed on a 822-km sunsynchronous orbit three satellites – ResourceSat – 2, an Indo Russian YouthSat and mini satellite X Sat from Nangyang Technological University of Singapore.
a) Both i and ii are correct.
b) Neither i nor ii is correct.
c) Only i is correct.
d) Only ii is correct.
5. An ICAR arm, Central Research Institute for Dryland Agriculture (CRIDA), is coordinating with 21 institutes under ICAR umbrella to implement the NICRA (National Initiative on Climate Resilient Agriculture) project. What is the full form of NICRA project?
a) National Initiative on Climate Resilient Agriculture
b) National Initiative on Cultural Reform Association
c) National integration Council on Research
d) National Initiative on Core Reform Areas
Preparing Current Affairs for Competitive Exams now made easy by our Jagran Josh Current Affairs Section. .