Science Current Affairs Quiz/Questions-Answers April 2011, April 25- May 1
Science Current Affairs Questions April 2011 - Online Science Current Affairs Quiz with Question and Answers. Latest Science Quiz based on Scientific Developments and Discoveries to help you prepare for NDA, CDS, Banking, MBA, Railway, Civil Services and other Competitive Exams. Mutliple Choice Format.
Science Current Affairs Quiz test the participant’s knowledge on latest discoveries, technological advancements made and in the process further enhances an individual’s knowledge base. The quizzes also cover the Environment-Ecology segment. Number of questions is asked from this segment in the competitive exams. Science Current Affairs quiz for April 2011 will help you in the preparation for NDA, CDS, Bank PO, MBA, NABARD, RBI, Railway, SSC, Civil Services and other Exams.
1. Scientists recently developed a new vaccine named Bapineuzumab jab. The vaccine is meant to cure__.
2. USA approved the use of drone on forces of Gaddafi in Libya. What is Drone?
a) Unmanned aircraft
3. Union Minister for Environment and forests Jairam Ramesh launched on 23 April 2011 a Bio-remediation technology project in the Buddah Nallah of Ludhiana in Punjab. Consider the following statements regarding the project.
i) This is the first and the largest project of environment ministry across India under which bacteria are used for cleaning water bodies.
ii) There are five places across India where such Bio-remediation projects have been launched.
iii) The project is aimed at curbing pollution caused by sewerage and industrial effluents.
Choose the right option:
a) All i, ii and iii are correct.
b) Only ii and iii are correct.
c) Only i and iii are correct.
d) Only i and ii are correct.
4. According to a new study done at the Mount Sinai School of Medicine in New York, a controlled diet named Ketogenic diet.
i) Ketogenic diet is high in carbohydrate and low in fat.
ii) It can help repair kidney damage in diabetics.
Please choose the right option:
a) Both i and ii are correct.
b) Only i is correct.
c) Only ii is correct.
d) Neither i nor ii is correct.
5. According to a study done by the Scientists at Columbia University, the Antarctic ozone hole caused the series of droughts in Australia. The Ozone hole is caused by Cholorofluorocarbons(CFCs) found in air conditioning, aerosol and refrigeration.
a) Air Conditioning, aerosol and refrigeration
b) Aerosol and Refrigeration
c) Air conditioning and refrigeration
d) Air Conditioning only.
Choose the right option:
Preparing Current Affairs for Competitive Exams now made easy by our Jagran Josh Current Affairs Section. .