Science Current Affairs Quizzes will include questions on miR-941-the new gene discovered by scientists and mathematical algorithm to control the cursor of your computer by your thoughts and more. Solve these quizzes and prepare for the competitive examinations like IAS|PCS, Banking, MBA and SSC.
1. Which of the following statements are true?
a) The Solar Eclipse occur when the moon crosses between the Sun and the Earth blocking the sun completely or partially.
b) The Solar Eclipse can occur only on the day of a new moon when, the sun and the moon lies in conjunction to each other when seen from the earth.
c) Statements a and b are true.
d) None of the statements is true.
Answer. (c) Statements a and b are true
2. Researchers of University of Edinburgh discovered a new gene known as miR-941, which explains the evolution of humans from the chimpanzees. Which of the following statements is true in this context?
a) The gene is found only in human beings.
b) The gene is found in humans and apes.
c) The gene could be used for knowing how humans learnt the usage of languages as well as tools.
d) Statements (a) and (c) are true.
Answer. (d) Statements (a) and (c) are true
3. Which of the following statement/statements is/are true?
a) Rheumatoid arthritis affects various organs.
b) Rheumatoid arthritis affects tissues, various organs as well as joints.
c) Both (a) and (b) are true.
d) Only (b) is true.
Answer. (c) Both (a) and (b) are true
4. A study led by Scientist and Evolutionary Anthropologist, Dean Falk of Florida State University revealed in the Month of October that a Physicist’s brain had an "extraordinary" prefrontal cortex - unlike those of most people which may have contributed to his remarkable genius. What is the name of this physicist?
a) Stephen Hawking
b) Charles Darwin
c) Sir Issac Newton
d) Albert Einstein
Answer. (d) Albert Einstein
5. Researchers from Stanford who were led by the scientists of Indian origin, in the third week of November 2012 claimed the development of fastest as well as most reliable mathematical algorithm which can help the disabled trick the computer cursors. The computer cursors could be controlled with the help of which mechanism?
Answer. (a) Thoughts