Science Current Affairs Quiz presents the facts and data of latest developments in the field of science, technology and environment. Wide range of questions on scientific development and inventions is always asked from this segment in the competitive exams.
Science Current Affairs quiz for September 2012 will help you in the preparation for NDA, CDS, Bank PO, MBA, NABARD, RBI, Railway, SSC, Civil Services and other Exams.
1. Scientists at NASA on 27 September 2012 announced that the Mars Curiosity Rover has discovered stream bed gravel, which hints towards the presence of waist-deep water on the surface of Mars in the past. What is this Mars Curiosity Rover?
(b) Team of Astronauts
(c) Robotic explorer
Answer: (c) Robotic explorer
2. The Indian Institute of Toxicology Research reported that the water in and around the deserted Union Carbide plant is contaminated and not fit for consumption. Where is this Union Carbide Plant Located?
Answer: (a) Bhopal
3. The endangered species, Great Indian Bustard and Lesser Florican have got a dedicated land for breeding in the Shonkaliya Region of Ajmer District, Rajasthan. What are they?
Answer: (a) Birds
4. The simultaneous earthquakes seen in past few years in which region is found to be a cause of the Tectonic Plate Disintegration?
(a) Arabian Sea
(b) Indian Ocean
(c) Arabian Peninsula
(d) Himalyan Region
Answer: (b) Indian Ocean
5. On which date the most outstanding demonstrations of its own kind in Khandawa district of Madhya Pradesh named Jal Satyagraha which had continued for 17 days at Omkareshwar Dam Project came to an end?
(a) 10 September 2012
(b) 15 September 2012
(c) 17 September 2012
(d) 12 September 2012
Answer: (a) 10 September 2012
Preparing Current Affairs for Competitive Exams now made easy by our Jagran Josh Current Affairs Section. .