Science Current Affairs Quiz tests the aspirant’s knowledge of latest developments in the field of science, technology and environment. Wide range of questions on scientific development and inventions are provided in the section which enables the students to face competitive exams more effectively.
Science Current Affairs quiz for September 2012 will help you in the preparation for NDA, CDS, Bank PO, MBA, NABARD, RBI, Railway, SSC, Civil Services and other Exams
1. Scientists of the University of Michigan developed a gene therapy which they claimed could restore the sense of olfactory function. What is this olfactory function related to?
(a) Sense of hearing
(b) Sense of smell
(c) Sense of sight
(d) Sense of touch
Answer: (b) Sense of Smell
2. Australian scientists along with US experts claimed that they have discovered treatment for Alzheimer patients following a study finding a link to abnormalities in Alzheimer Patients. Alzheimer’s disease is related to?
(c) Eye sightedness
Answer: (a) Brain
3. Researchers from the Walter and Eliza Hall Institute in Australia discovered that two proteins that work together to kill self-reactive immune cells can protect against diseases such as type1 diabetes and rheumatoid arthritis. Rheumatoid arthritis principally attacks which part of the body?
Answer: (a) Joints
4. India enter into its first multi-lateral Social Science research collaboration with four European Nations by the approval of projects for networking and social science research cooperation in between the researchers of these nations. The colaboration came into existence on which date?
(a) 2 September 2012
(b) 7 September 2012
(c) 5 September 2012
(d) 4 September 2012
Answer: (c) 5 September 2012
5. The Zoological Society of London and International Union for Conservation of Nature (IUCN) released a list of 100 different species to be first in line for extinction from 48 different countries during the World Conservation Congress held in Republic of Korea on 11 September 2012. The Indian species that was categorised under first line of extinction was_____________
(a) Great Indian Bustard
(b) One horned Rhino
(c) Indian giant Squirrel
(d) Asiatic Lion
Answer: (a) Great Indian Bustard
Preparing Current Affairs for Competitive Exams now made easy by our Jagran Josh Current Affairs Section. .