Common Admission test is conducted by IIMs every year and over 3 lakhs aspirants sit for it. It is the most sought after entrance examination for MBA Admissions. Find here the Solved Verbal Ability from CAT 2000 paper. CAT 2000 had 3 sections in it namely Data Interpretation & Reasoning, Quantitative Aptitude & Logical Reasoning and Verbal Ability. There were 55 questions in the Verbal Ability section. It had 5 Reading Comprehension passages in it, there were questions based on usage of words, vocabulary based questions and sentence arrangement.
Directions for question 46 to 50 :
In each of the following sentences, parts of the sentence are left blank. Beneath each sentence, four different ways of completing the sentence are indicated.Choose the best alternative from among the four.
46. Though one eye is kept firmly on the ......., the company now also promotes .........contemporary art.
1) present, experimental
2) future, popular
3) present, popular
4) market, popular
47. The law prohibits a person from felling a sandalwood tree, even if it grows on one's own land, without prior permission from the government. As poor people cannot deal with the government, this legal provision leads to a rip-roaring business for ...... who care neither for the ........ nor for the trees.
1) middlemen, rich
2) the government, poor
3) touts, rich
4) touts, poor
48. It will take some time for many South Koreans to ............ the conflicting images of North Korea, let alone to ........... what to make of their northern cousins.
1) reconcile, decide
2) understand, clarify
3) make out, decide
4) reconcile, understand
49. In these bleak and depressing times of.........prices, non-performing governments and ........ crime rates, Sourav Ganguly has given us, Indians, a lot to cheer about.
1) escalating, increasing
2) spiralling, booming
3) spiralling, soaring
4) ascending, debilitating
50. The manners and .......... of the nouveau riche is a recurrent ......... in the literature.
1) style, motif
2) morals, story
3) wealth, theme.
4) morals, theme
Meet CAT 2018 Topper Interview: Purav Gandhi scores 99.99 percentile in exam
CAT 2018 Topper Interview: Devesh Dhaka who scored 99.83 percentile
CAT 2018 Topper: Meet Samhitha Kasi Batta, youngest female engineer from Telangana
CAT 2018 Topper Jagesh Golwala Scores 100 percentile, an IIT Bombay student made it to the top